1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Cable for Dish Network

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brooks, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Brooks

Brooks Extra

I'm still building the room that will house my theater so this is the first of many, many basic questions.
    We will be getting a Dish Network set up when we finish the home theater. Since the room is in the basement I need to pre-install the coax to bring the dish signal to the location where the Dish receiver will live. Dish Network says any old RG-6 is ok with them. Anyone have experience to tell me if the ISAT REF cable from Monster or some similar "premium" coax will be worth the extra cost? My run will be >30' and

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I used RG-6 quad shield from Home Depot to wire for satellite and video distribution. I've got almost a 100 foot run from the dish to the receivers and my signal strength is in the high 80's to mid 90's on all of the CONUS transponders.

-Robert

3. Morlan Liu

Morlan Liu Stunt Coordinator

If you are using a Dish Pro LNB which is common if you have a new Dish Network system then it will support up to 200 ft. cables so you have nothing to worry about. I have three receivers: 1) 100 ft, 2) 140 ft, 3) 120 ft. No problems!

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne