What's new

Cable Connection for 57H82 (1 Viewer)

DennisG

Grip
I was wondering what is the best way to connect my cable box to my new 57H82 I am getting tomorrow. It is a digital cable box through comcast cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Denns

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Well, that's going to depend on what outputs the cable box has. I would imagine that it has S-video, even better would be component video. Let us know once you receive your box.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Well then use the S-video output from the cable box and connect it to one of the s-video inputs on the TV. You can pick up an Acoustic Research or Monster cable, or any other for that matter from CC or BB. Connect the audio to your receiver via the optical or coaxial digital output of the cable box, if it has one. If not the you'll have to use the L/R audio outputs.

Good luck.

greggor

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg
Dennis,

Definately use the S-video cable. Your Tosh will have the inputs for it. Enjoy your new TV.

Greg

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I assume most of the stations are still analog? If that's the case, the composite connection should provide a much superior connection. When you're outputting S-Video on the analog stations you're relying on a very inexpensive comb-filter on the cable box. Your Toshiba, on the other hand, has an excellent 3D comb filter which should yeild superior results.

On the digital channels a comb filter shouldn't be necessary because the MPEG encoded signal should already have chroma/luma seperated (which is what S-Video outputs, via 2 seperate wires on the cable.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks