What's new

Cable co coax lead-in question (1 Viewer)

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Have been told by Cable Company rep it is NOT possible for cable co coax lead-in cable to cause damage to TV, VCR, etc. Have always heard just and opposite and protected my equipment with coax surge protectors. Have Cable co some sort of new protection other than usual outside grounding wire, Early reply sincerely appreciated. Thanks.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can't imagine that they have some sort of surge/electrical block that would protect your house and equipment. I'm neither a CableCo employee, a EE, nor do I play one of TV but any conductive cable coming from outside your house to the inside would seem to be capable of carrying enough electricity to destroy equipment unless they somehow can ground and surge protect each house individually.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Shoot, about 1/3 the time, I find the Sat. and Cable installers, don't even ground their stuff correctly, so much for their standard answer on this one for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks