What's new

Cable Burn In time?? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i think i may make a pact with myself soon. no more posting in "do cables make a difference" type threads....but i just can't help myself.

nick, try this out. this is what i did with my gf's help.
  1. bought some cables: crappy, acoustic research, and monster
  2. had my gf hook them up (two at a time) to my cd player (which has dual audio outs). each cable went to a different input on my receiver, so i could "switch" cables
  3. made sure my gf didn't tell me which cables she was hooking up
  4. decided for myself if i heard a difference[/list=1]

i know it's not the most scientific test, but it worked quite well. i discovered i heard a difference between crappy and ar, but no difference between ar and monster. since ar is 1/3 the price - it was a no brainer.

note: i have mostly all monster now, but only because i get it at a discount.

dougW

Stunt Coordinator
Bob, appreciate the concern and I'd certainly respect a Belden tech. But I do not typically cook video cables anyway, and that's where 75 ohm is critical. The cooker is mainly for audio cables.

That's a valid concern, so I addressed it, but I am not addressing any more back and forth natured posts.

Lex

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks