Cable box control with Onkyo sr-600 remote

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Dan_Fitz, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Dan_Fitz

Dan_Fitz Extra

I just got a Onkyo txsr-600 receiver. The receiver sounds great and works great. I was wondering how I can program my onkyo remote to control my cable box. I was able program a Denon 2802 remote to control the cable box, but now the onkyo. I borrowed the Denon from a friend for 2 weeks while I decided on which reciever to get.

I guess my question is can I or not get the Onkyo remote the learn controls from my cable box? I live in Delaware and am using Comcast digital cable and the cable box has motorola printed on it. So why cant the onkyo remote learn buttons if the Denon could? Is it just that this cable remote is not compatable with the onkyo? I was able to use the onkyo remote to control my sony TV and mintek dvd player just fine.

Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

2. BrianAe

BrianAe Second Unit

It should be able to. I have the same remote and got it to learn the functions for my comcast digital cable. Have you gotten it to learn other remote functions like your TV?

3. Dan_Fitz

Dan_Fitz Extra

yeah i can get my onkyo remote to learn my DVD player which is a mintek 1600. Also one of the preprogrammed codes works for my sony trinitron TV.