What's new

Cable audio problems (1 Viewer)

DougFunk

Auditioning
I have a digital Coax from my cable box to my receiver, and I get audio for digital channels 101 and above. I am having problems getting analog audio from my digital cable to my Yamaha YHT-150 receiver. I was told by the TimeWarner that only channels 101 and above were truely digital, even though I have the digital cable package. I have two audio/video outs from the Scientific Atlanta digital DVR cable box. The TV Audio out is run directly to the TV for night time audio, the VCR Audio out is I ran to the receiver.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Add the analog L/R connections to the receiver. It should automatically select digital audio, and default to analog if the former isn’t present.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

DougFunk

Auditioning
The L/R audio is connected from the Cable box Audio out (labeled as VRC out on cable box) to the receiver, as well as L/R audio out (labeled as TV out on cable box) to TV. The audio plays through the TV but not the receiver. I reversed the connections and got no audio through the TV, but got faint audio through the receiver.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
I get digital audio from my cable box, movies as well as the all music channels by using the digital Coaxial output fromt the STB to one of the coaxial digital inputs on my receiver. I have a Scientific Atlanta HD 3100. If you have digital cable from Cox, there has to be a coxial digital output on the STB. For analog channels you should hook the L/R to the AUX input on the receiver and see what that does.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks