What's new

Cabinet pressure or low refresh rate? (1 Viewer)

easterling

Grip
Real Name
Robert
So since I bought my Toshiba 50" LED 60HZ tv I noticed that when the screen has a white area or is completely white and the screen pans quickly up or down, I see these faded horizontal lines.
What I am wondering is is this problem related to the refresh rate or is it related to my wall mount?
Thanks for your advice on this.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
It's not refresh rate. Try taking it off the wall and using the pedestal base, if the problem's still there and bothers you enough return the set, but be aware that most led sets have this problem either with vertical or horizontal pans. Best way to avoid it is to get a plasma or ccfl lit lcd.

easterling

Grip
Real Name
Robert
I took it off the wall and left it alone for a while and still the same effect... but it just looks like a projector screen where you seem to see the white screen coming through.... I must be doing something wrong with the settings.... I even used the Disney WOW blu ray to adjust stuff but I think i am not advanced in this issue to use this...
What do you guys think.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
It's a defect in the tv that is becoming fairly common on many lcd sets, no amount of tweaking will make it go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks