Josh and Dave: Many thanks. Lots to chew on there. Like the guy who runs his car into the ground, I run my iPhones until basically forced to buy a new one. I could keep my 6 going for a longer while, but the fact that it won't be able to download the new iOS upgrade in a few days has me worried about its short term viability. Even though it's still running pretty well, I envision apps starting to get clunky as they do not have the latest iOSs to accompany them. I don't fear what others think about my decision. I have always been budget-minded about my tech--especially my HT. And I've been open about that. I consider myself VERY lucky to have a 55" Panasonic Plasma, a decent Denon receiver, an Oppo 203 and an SVS sub. Thank goodness those kids finally grew up and got out of the house! The XR will do me fine. I guess the only points still bugging me about the 11 is if the extra $100 (which is not a big consideration) gets me that much more camera (because, yes, I take pix of the family, dogs and grandkids all day long!) and if it's worth getting a phone that's a full year younger than the XR. I appreciate you all helping me refine my decision (I sometimes overthink these things). I guess I'll need to get off the dime sooner rather than later. Leaning to the XR...but the wider selfies sure would be great when I try to get me, Peg and both dogs in the shot!