What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: The Banshees of Inisherin (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
“ONE OF THE VERY BEST FILMS OF THE YEAR”
– Lindsey Bahr, Associated Press​
655c7181-e7e1-4a5f-9bd0-ccc5230839e8.png
Searchlight Pictures’ Universally Acclaimed The Banshees of Inisherin
Arrives on Digital December 13 and Blu-ray™ and DVD December 20​

BURBANK, CA (November 17, 2022) – From acclaimed filmmaker Martin McDonagh (In Bruges, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) comes the masterful tragicomedy The Banshees of Inisherin. This immersive tale of friendship and folly has delighted cinemagoers and has been celebrated by critics as “simply perfect” (Kevin Maher, The Times) and “sweepingly cinematic” (David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter). The film is Certified-Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes™ and arrives on Digital December 13 and Blu-ray and DVD on December 20, with never-before-seen bonus content featuring actors Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson and director-writer Martin McDonagh.

The film made its World Premiere in September to critical acclaim at the Venice Film Festival, where it won the Best Screenplay Award for McDonagh and the Volpi Cup for Best Actor for Farrell. It went on to release theatrically in October, earning the highest opening per screen average of the fall.

Film Synopsis
From director-writer Martin McDonagh (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) comes a unique film starring Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson. Although Pádraic (Farrell) and Colm (Gleeson) have been lifelong friends, they find themselves at an impasse when one abruptly ends their relationship, bringing alarming consequences for both of them.​

Bonus Features*
Featurette​

• Creating The Banshees of Inisherin - Go into the inimitable mind of director-writer Martin McDonagh as he delves into The Banshees of Inisherin, from story inception and reunion of its gifted actors, to searching the islands of Ireland for the perfect, evocative locations.

Deleted Scenes​
  • Chasing Colm
  • Colm Can't Compose
  • Parents' Grave and Peadar
  • Siobhan Crying Too Loud
  • Stoic Equals Boring

*Bonus features vary by product and retailer

Cast​

Colin Farrell as Pádraic Súilleabháin
Brendan Gleeson as Colm Doherty
Kerry Condon as Siobhán Súilleabháin
Barry Keoghan as Dominic Kearney​

Directed by
Martin McDonagh

Written by
Martin McDonagh

Produced by
Graham Broadbent
Pete Czernin
Martin McDonagh

Executive Produced by
Diarmuid McKeown
Ben Knight
Daniel Battsek
Ollie Madden

Music by
Carter Burwell

Product Specifications
Street Date
Digital: December 13, 2022
Physical: December 20, 2022

Product SKUs​

Digital: UHD, HD, SD
Physical: Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + Digital Code) & DVD​

Feature Run Time
114 minutes

Rating
U.S. Rated R
**For language throughout, some violent content and brief graphic nudity

Aspect Ratio
Digital: 2.39:1
Physical: 2.39:1

U.S. Audio​

Blu-ray: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital
DVD: English 5.1 Dolby, English AD 2.0 Dolby
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some platforms), Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital​

U.S. Subtitles
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Digital: English SDH, French, Spanish (some platforms)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Was harbouring a small hope for a 4K UHD, seeing as In Bruges and Three Billboards are both available. But I'm grateful for the blu-ray!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Was harbouring a small hope for a 4K UHD, seeing as In Bruges and Three Billboards are both available. But I'm grateful for the blu-ray!
It will be available in 4K digitally I’m
sure. I’ll go that route. Feckin’ great film!

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
I watched the US region-free blu-ray yesterday and really enjoyed this. It hasn't yet premiered theatrically here and I went in without having read too many reviews, other than noticing that it has been very well placed on all the Critic's year end "Best Of" lists. Completely different than In Bruges; although very funny in parts, it is much more mournful overall.

I only wish it could have been released as a 4K UHD - the digital intermediate was completed at 4K and I imagine the DCP will reveal the stunning verdant landscapes with even greater lustre, than the blu-ray does. The picture did look soft as well, although it might be how it looks theatrically in full resolution, as it is very effects-heavy.

Oh - and if we're talking poster art, I prefer this one.

TBOI-WEB-1.jpg

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I’d like to get this, but there’s no listing of a BluRay on Amazon- I think they offer a DVD, which I won’t get.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I watched the US region-free blu-ray yesterday and really enjoyed this. It hasn't yet premiered theatrically here and I went in without having read too many reviews, other than noticing that it has been very well placed on all the Critic's year end "Best Of" lists. Completely different than In Bruges; although very funny in parts, it is much more mournful overall.

I only wish it could have been released as a 4K UHD - the digital intermediate was completed at 4K and I imagine the DCP will reveal the stunning verdant landscapes with even greater lustre, than the blu-ray does. The picture did look soft as well, although it might be how it looks theatrically in full resolution, as it is very effects-heavy.

Oh - and if we're talking poster art, I prefer this one.

View attachment 168742

That is a great poster. I loved this. I was surprised at how straightforward it was. I laughed out loud at the opening scene of Colin Farrell's character walking through the village. Makes my list of best pictures of the year.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
That is a great poster. I loved this. I was surprised at how straightforward it was. I laughed out loud at the opening scene of Colin Farrell's character walking through the village. Makes my list of best pictures of the year.
Found it, and ordered. Thanks, Reggie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Was harbouring a small hope for a 4K UHD, seeing as In Bruges and Three Billboards are both available.
If Banshees wins Best Picture, maybe Disney will upgrade it later. Parasite was originally Blu-ray only from Universal and then got a UHD release after its win. Of course, there's no guarantee. But I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility.

I’d like to get this, but there’s no listing of a BluRay on Amazon- I think they offer a DVD, which I won’t get.
This is a Disney release, and they've had an ongoing spat with Amazon regarding stocking issues of pre-orders for some time. Although some people have reported success more recently, and they do seem to get things in eventually, I simply don't trust Amazon if it's a Disney release anymore. I just go straight to another retailer. The last time I got a new Disney release from Amazon was November 2016.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I was surprised that I saw this title at the local Wal Mart this morning- doesn’t seem to be a film that would fly off the shelves at this store.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was surprised that I saw this title at the local Wal Mart this morning
I see what you're saying, but it it is a major release distributed by Disney.

When I got mine from Best Buy on release week, there were three copies. They aren't stocking it to the level that they would a Marvel title or a Disney or Pixar branded film. But It was still enough to provide it as an option while it is a new release.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I just watched In Bruges. A bit slow at times, but it has a ferocity mixed with dark comedy- a similar film in tone to Three Billboards. Anxious to see this one.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Anxious to see this one.
What I liked about this one is that even though it reunites the cast of In Bruges, McDonagh gives them something completely different to play with each other. A lesser filmmaker would probably have just tried to replicate that movie, which would have been easy to do. But this approach is far more interesting precisely because the plot isn't really like In Bruges at all.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
What I liked about this one is that even though it reunites the cast of In Bruges, McDonagh gives them something completely different to play with each other. A lesser filmmaker would probably have just tried to replicate that movie, which would have been easy to do. But this approach is far more interesting precisely because the plot isn't really like In Bruges at all.
There’s probably a mixture of ferocious and black comedy here, right?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
There’s probably a mixture of ferocious and black comedy here, right?

The film is ... interesting.

My girlfriend and I saw it on HBO last week (sorry, I couldn't blindly buy this on Blu-ray) and we were both baffled by the end of it.

I suppose, looking back on it, we were taking the film way too seriously, and as a result, we were often horrified and depressed by what we saw.

And, I often have the ability to pick up on dark comedies. For some reason, we both weren't in the frame of mind for it and were mostly unimpressed.

Fortunately, for all of you, our opinions are in the minority. I see rave reviews for this film all over the Internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks