What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: The Abyss, True Lies, Aliens, Titanic, Avatar and Avatar: The Way of the Water (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Didn’t seem obvious as a joke to me coming from that account on twitter especially

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Keanu Reeves GIF

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Amazon has finally discounted all three 4K/UHD releases. Aliens and True Lies are $25.49 each while The Abyss is $24.96.

Inquiring minds want to know...

Did you keep your Walmart order, go with Target, or now considering Amazon?

I am staying with Walmart.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Inquiring minds want to know...

Did you keep your Walmart order, go with Target, or now considering Amazon?

I am staying with Walmart.
I'm sticking with Target because it's not going to cost me any out-of-pocket money by using my Target Circle earnings.

Secondly, placing orders then cancelling them could cause you to end up back of the line when it comes to fulfillment. No way, I'm taking that chance at this late date.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'm sticking with Target because it's not going to cost me any out-of-pocket money by using my Target Circle earnings.

Secondly, placing orders then cancelling them could cause you to end up back of the line when it comes to fulfillment. No way, I'm taking that chance at this late date.

Completely understood. If stock becomes an issue, you want to be at the front of the line.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, I'm not sure how accurate these numbers are, but Amazon is showing The Abyss with 10,000+ orders while Aliens and True Lies are each showing 6,000+ orders.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
By the way, I'm not sure how accurate these numbers are, but Amazon is showing The Abyss with 10,000+ orders while Aliens and True Lies are each showing 6,000+ orders.
I'm sure it's only slipcover speculators ... physical media is dead ... ;) ...

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
ITunes now has the extended version of The Abyss but I'm gonna buy the 4K Blu-ray. I'll also buy the 4K Blu True Lies, but I'm gonna wait for the price to drop below $20.

I paused my Amazon Prime (out of protest due to the ridiculous $2.99/mo to avoid ads on Prime Video). So far, so good. I just wait until I've got $35 worth of Amazon stuff in my cart and still get free shipping. Easy peasy.

Mark

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
They are all in stock at Target to order but alas the b2g1f is over

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Sooooo…. These films have finally happened on disc.

What are our next holy grails?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Sooooo…. These films have finally happened on disc.

What are our next holy grails?

Better, more filmic versions of them (and a better ending for The Abyss), LOL... but that's never gonna happen (just like the actual Holy Grail, heh), so... :lol: ;)

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You’ve watched the discs already?

No, I don't need to see the discs already to have pretty good idea in these cases.

Not like any of the issues are some hidden secrets afterall.

I saw The Abyss in Dolby Cinema for instance, and I'm quite sure the 4K disc won't look any better.

I haven't personally, literally seen wind, air, all sorts of scientific/historical/etc truths either, but that doesn't mean I can't know all that much about them either, heh...

Sure, I might feel they're acceptable enough to varying degrees (and I'm not denying that), but that's not the same as having them reach remotely close to my ideal of course...

And yes, given the issues, I'll probably eventually buy at least some of them at good discounted prices... much I like I have some other mediocre cases that are still better than the alternative (or nothing) and just settle...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks