What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: The Abyss, True Lies, Aliens, Titanic, Avatar and Avatar: The Way of the Water (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Ummmm, what?
bart simpson episode 10 GIF

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually hoping this turns into a crazy "Sorry, we're sold out" situation where people can't find places that have stock available for days or even weeks after street date. We need these to sell like hotcakes so Disney realizes there's still a very viable physical media market out there.
I'm all for them being popular but since Disney made such a big deal out of their release and did it so far in advance, they know the demand is there so they should be acting accordingly and getting enough discs to retailers. It shouldn't take until March 12 for Disney to realize that these discs are going to be sold out across the board.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Initial pre-orders are sold out. It’s not the end of the world, and I’m sure the studio has plenty of time to increase their order with the replicator and retailers have time to place additional orders with the studio.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We like people to use the Amazon link if ordering from Amazon. However, we understand using other retailers that has a release cheaper or any other reason for doing so.

Thank you. This is nothing new. We encourage and appreciate the support, but have always realized our members are going to seek out the best deals (which is usually Amazon).

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BTW, just a heads-up...

While ALIENS and THE ABYSS remain at $24.95, TRUE LIES has jumped to $39.95 at Walmart. I assume inventory may be getting tight and they are taking advantage of that.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Initial pre-orders are sold out. It’s not the end of the world, and I’m sure the studio has plenty of time to increase their order with the replicator and retailers have time to place additional orders with the studio.
I'd love to be wrong. And while it would not be the end of the world, it just seems like an incredibly stupid thing for a company that wants to sell a product to do. If they were caught off guard or somehow unaware of the popularity and demand for the movies, that'd be one thing but they made a big deal of the impending months in advance so they know the demand is there and to not meet it is just moronic.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Thanks, Robert. That's good to know. I will probably go that route and I am happy I have a partner in this order. I am a little wary of creating another Walmart account and giving them my credit card after the first debacle, but the price is cheap and I understand that they are pretty dependable when it comes to delivery.
I know you already placed your order, but just wanted to follow up anyway and let you know that the pending charge I had on my CC for these discs from Wal Mart finally dropped off this morning leaving no charge.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

There's still the question of whether Wal-Mart will be doing SteelBooks for these. That's what I'm waiting for. Even if the current press runs sell out, I wouldn't expect this is a situation where they go OOP permanently.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I ordered on Amazon and Im sure the prices will drop down. When pre-orders are sold out at other retailers, that made me a little uneasy, as usually Id wait closer to the release date. Not sure how a pre-order can "sell out" to be honest, it's not even in stock ! :D

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I ordered on Amazon and Im sure the prices will drop down. When pre-orders are sold out at other retailers, that made me a little uneasy, as usually Id wait closer to the release date. Not sure how a pre-order can "sell out" to be honest, it's not even in stock ! :D

I would assume that etailers are promised a certain number of copies avoiding the overselling of preorders.

I know you already placed your order, but just wanted to follow up anyway and let you know that the pending charge I had on my CC for these discs from Wal Mart finally dropped off this morning leaving no charge.

Jeff, as you experienced, I have a pending charge for the full amount on my credit card account. I expect that to drop off shortly based on everyone else's ordering history.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
BTW, just a heads-up...

While ALIENS and THE ABYSS remain at $24.95, TRUE LIES has jumped to $39.95 at Walmart. I assume inventory may be getting tight and they are taking advantage of that.
To my surprise Target started taking preorders again and I was able to buy all three titles cheaper than the $24.95 each pricing by using some Target Red Card and Red Circle Earnings. I cancelled my Walmart order.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
To my surprise Target started taking preorders again and I was able to buy all three titles cheaper than the $24.95 each pricing by using some Target Red Card and Red Circle Earnings. I cancelled my Walmart order.

So much for sharing possible misfortune by ordering from Walmart.

I am rolling the dice on this one. Not comfortable ordering from them.

On the plus side, good to hear you got a better price with Target.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So much for sharing possible misfortune by ordering from Walmart.

I am rolling the dice on this one. Not comfortable ordering from them.

On the plus side, good to hear you got a better price with Target.
I don't have any misgivings with ordering from Walmart. The only reason why I cancelled my Walmart order is that I'm getting these three 4K/UHD without any out-of-pocket money. I've accumulated a lot of Target Gift Cards and Red Circle Earnings.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I take that as a good sign that other retailers who stopped taking preorders will start up again soon.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Still available as of this writing (except Titanic?) through DMC I believe you need to order a "full price" item to get the discounts -
PIN93_v2.gif
Item The Mandalorian VIP Pin
Qty - 1
Price - $0.00
Ext Price $0.00​

2258550.jpg
Item Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Qty - 1
Price - $13.98
Ext Price $13.98​

2416100.jpg
Item The Marvels 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Qty - 1
Price - $11.98
Ext Price $11.98
Estimated Delivery Date 02/13/24​

9877271.png
Item The Marvels Lithograph
Qty - 1
Price - $0.00
Ext Price $0.00
Estimated Delivery Date 02/13/24​

2431730.gif
Item Star Wars The Mandalorian: The Complete First Season SteelBook(R) 4K Ultra HD - Blu-Ray(TM)
Qty - 1
Price - $17.98
Ext Price $17.98​

2432430.jpg
Item The Creator 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Qty - 1
Price - $11.98
Ext Price $11.98​

2432320.jpg
Item Avatar 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Blu-ray Bonus + Digital Code Collector's Edition
Qty - 1
Price - $15.98
Ext Price $15.98​

2420470.jpg
Item The Little Mermaid (2023) (Club Exclusive) 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Qty - 1
Price - $13.98
Ext Price $13.98​

2431880.gif
Item Star Wars The Mandalorian: The Complete Second Season SteelBook? 4K Ultra HD - Blu-Ray(TM)
Qty - 1
Price - $44.95
Ext Price $44.95​

2438970.jpg
Item The Abyss (1989) 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Qty - 1
Price - $11.98
Ext Price $11.98
Estimated Delivery Date 03/12/24​

2432360.jpg
Item True Lies (1994) 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Code
Qty - 1
Price - $11.98
Ext Price $11.98

2432300.jpg
Item Aliens 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Blu-ray Bonus + Digital Code
Qty - 1
Price - $11.98
Ext Price $11.98

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I take that as a good sign that other retailers who stopped taking preorders will start up again soon.
Target is sold out again! They are having a "buy one, get second for 50% off" sale so that did it. I decided not to change my previous pre-order as I was already getting the three titles without any out-of-pocket money. However, I did buy several other titles during this sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks