1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Solo (4k UHD) (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Message #1 of 91 Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    “… makes the jump to lightspeed and doesn’t slow down.”

– Ash Crossan, ET Online

597290624,744627E8441589E4E94. 597290472,C4954BB42B7C1EBBB74.

“… makes the jump to lightspeed and doesn’t slow down.”

– Ash Crossan, ET Online

EXPERIENCE THE FUN-FILLED GALACTIC HEIST

“SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY” SEPT. 14 ON DIGITAL,

AND ON BLU-RAY SEPT. 25

Extensive extras invite fans aboard the Millennium Falcon with Han, Chewie

and Lando, and behind the scenes with the stellar cast and crew

BURBANK, Calif. (July 18, 2018) — Lucasfilm’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” directed by Academy Award®–winning filmmaker Ron Howard—the creator of unforgettable films, such as “A Beautiful Mind,” “Apollo 13,” “Parenthood” and “Splash”—took moviegoers on this summer’s wildest ride with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy, Han Solo (Alden Ehrenreich). The action-packed journey explores Han’s first encounters with future friend and copilot Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and notorious gambler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover), as well as his adventure-filled past alongside fellow street thief Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) and career criminal Beckett (Woody Harrelson). Watch instantly on Sept. 14th as the Millennium Falcon sets course digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD™ and on Movies Anywhere, and bring the adventure home on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and On-Demand on Sept. 25.

“Solo: A Star Wars Story” bonus content takes fans behind the scenes to experience compelling discussions with the star-studded cast and screenwriters Jonathan Kasdan & Lawrence Kasdan (writer of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Return of the Jedi); a revealing feature on Chewie and his enduring friendship with Han; a close-up look at the original version of the Millennium Falcon and Han’s first time piloting the infamous ship; the creation of the film’s otherworldly settings and pulse-pounding action sequences; and eight never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes.

DIGITAL AND BLU-RAY BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):

Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable

Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.

· Team Chewie

See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.

· Kasdan on Kasdan
    Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.

· Remaking the Millennium Falcon
    Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”

· Escape from Corellia

Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.

The Train Heist

Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.

· Becoming a Droid: L3-37

Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.

Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso

Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.

Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run

Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.

• Deleted Scenes
    o Proxima’s Den

o Corellian Foot Chase

o Han Solo: Imperial Cadet

o The Battle of Mimban: Extended

o Han Versus Chewie: Extended

o Snowball Fight!

o Meet Dryden: Extended

o Coaxium Double-Cross

• The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.

Directed by Ron Howard, the fun-filled galactic heist movie stars Alden Ehrenreich (“Hail, Caesar!,” “Tetro”), Woody Harrelson (“Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,” “The Messenger”), Emilia Clarke (“Me Before You,” “Game of Thrones”), Donald Glover (“Spider-Man: Homecoming,” “The Martian”), Thandie Newton (“Gringo,” “Crash”), Phoebe Waller-Bridge (“Fleabag,” “Killing Eve”) and Paul Bettany (“Captain America: Civil War,” “Master and Commander”). Joonas Suotamo (Star Wars: The Last Jedi) returns to play Chewbacca.

Written by Jonathan Kasdan & Lawrence Kasdan, “Solo: A Star Wars Story” is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, Allison Shearmur and Simon Emanuel. Lawrence Kasdan, Jason McGatlin, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are executive producers.

To create the unique look of the film, some of the industry’s top talent was recruited, including Academy Award® nominee Bradford Young (“Arrival”), director of photography; two-time Academy Award–winning editor Pietro Scalia (“Alien: Covenant”); Dominic Tuohy (“The Mummy”), special effects supervisor; Rob Bredow (“Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs”), visual effects supervisor; and John Powell (“Jason Bourne”), score composed and adapted by.

They are joined by returning Star Wars veteran crew members: Neil Lamont, production designer; Neal Scanlan, special creature effects; David Crossman and Glyn Dillon, costume designers; Jamie Wilkinson, prop master; Lisa Tomblin-Fitzpatrick, hair designer; and Amanda Knight, makeup designer.

The legendary John Williams is credited with the “Han Solo Theme” and original Star Wars music.

SPECIFICATIONS:

FEATURE RUN TIME: Approximately 135 min.

RATING: PG-13 in U.S. (Bonus Material Not Rated); PG in CE and G in CF

PRODUCT OFFERINGS: Digital 4K UHD (Select retailers include Dolby Vision), HD, SD

4K UHD Multi Screen Edition (4K UHD + BD + Digital Code)

Blu-ray (BD + Digital Code) Feature Film

DVD, On Demand

ASPECT RATIO: 2.39:1

AUDIO: 4K UHD BD = English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Thai 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus

Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital

DVD = English, French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio

4K UHD Digital = English Dolby Atmos (for some clients), English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)

HD / SD Digital = English 5.1/2.0, Latin Spanish 5.1/2.0, French 5.1/2.0 (for some clients), English 2.0 Descriptive Audio (for some clients)

SUBTITLES: 4K UHD = English SDH, Cantonese, Korean, Latin Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese for English, French-Canadian

Blu-ray = English SDH, French & Spanish

DVD = English SDH, French & Spanish

4K UHD / HD / SD Digital = English SDH, French & Spanish

CLOSED CAPTIONS: English (DVD & Digital)

vhIldZMw.

PREORDERS

https://www.target.com/p/solo-a-star-wars-story-target-exclusive-4k-uhd-2-blu-ray-digital-code/-/A-53666816?clkid=64239210Nd681ac4c9b24d9fdb17a83a3&lnm=81938&afid=bluray&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

https://www.target.com/p/solo-a-star-wars-story-4k-uhd-2-blu-ray-digital-code-figure-target-exclusive-redcard-exclusive/-/A-53690768?clkid=64239210Nd681ac4c9b24d9fdb17a83a3&lnm=81938&afid=bluray&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

There is also a Best Buy Steelbook but currently not up for preorder

Osato, Neil Middlemiss and TravisR like this.
  2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Can't wait!

Neil Middlemiss likes this.
  3. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Based on the less-than-stellar reviews I am glad I missed this theatrically and more than happy to watch it on my home screen on release day.

4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Since Amazon is so hinky with these releases I will probably Disk + Digital it, and be able to partake in the inevitable Vudu viewing party. Sorry I can't get the HTF spiff on this one, Ron!

Neil Middlemiss likes this.
  5. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    Is that a deleted scene at the very end of the preview, with Han hitting Chewie on the snowy plain?

6. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

This is interesting that the discs and digital download is available late September. On the Incredibles 2 thread, I was discussing the disc release dates and it’s about November. I guess if Solo is not doing as well in the theaters as hoped, they will release the disc sooner. I’m glad about that as I also skipped it at the theaters in favor of waiting for the discs.

7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Yep.

8. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

Sam Posten likes this.
  9. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I think the reviews were unfair to this movie. I've watched it twice in a movie theater and thought it was a good film. I'll be buying the 4K/UHD release.

Stephen_J_H, Rodney, Tino and 6 others like this.
  10. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Ya know, Solo was the recipient of a near perfect storm of issues: directors left, reshooting a lot of the movie, fanboys whining over Last Jedi, the prior movie coming out a handful of months earlier, being released between Avengers and Incredibles, absurd expectations... The five of us who went to Solo (4 male, 1 female, varying ages) enjoyed the heck out of it. I got the soundtrack on release day and will be getting the 4k as well.

I have to check my expectations at the door for any new Trek or Wars. I know anything that comes out now will not be "mine"...and by "mine," I mean measure up to what I grew up with. I love Trek 2009, but it's nothing compared to First Contact or Wrath of Khan. I have to be okay with that. I'm not one of those purist fanboys who is screaming on the internet. I'm sick of them, actually.

Tommy R, Todd Erwin, TravisR and 5 others like this.
  11. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    It'll be good if I see this guy...

hqdefault.

ahollis, Peter Apruzzese and dpippel like this.
  12. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Same here, I mean this film never had a chance based on what you noted.

Jason_V likes this.
  13. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I'll likely pick this up in 3D from the UK.

upload_2018-7-18_10-50-13.

Osato, Bryan^H and Atari like this.
  14. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

I will buy the 3D as well.

Can you post a link?

15. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll toss 40 bucks goodbye

Bryan^H likes this.
  16. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Osato likes this.
  17. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    I'll wait for this one to drop into the $15 range before buying.

Osato and Jason_V like this.
  18. Worth

Worth Producer

Nick Dobbs
    I went into this with zero expectations and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. It's no masterpiece, but a solid, entertaining summer movie.

Todd Erwin, Osato and TravisR like this.
  19. Robert Crawford

Robert
    I'll buy mine during the Black Friday sales.

20. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Yeah, I don't buy anything at full price anymore. I may add this to a Disney Movie Club order as the "full price" item to get the discount on everything else...that brings the average price per disc down into my acceptable range. The $30 price point doesn't work for me with any title.

Osato likes this.