What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: See How They Run (Digital) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
“A RETRO HOMAGE THAT SURPRISES
WITH GIGGLES AND SUSPENSE”

– Amy Nicholson, Variety
df350f91-f271-cdf7-c2be-34f810be2a63.jpg
Uncover a Mystery Full of Twists and Turns When Searchlight Pictures’ See How They Run Arrives on Digital November 1
BURBANK, CA (October 17, 2022) – Searchlight Pictures presents the witty whodunnit murder mystery, See How They Run from BAFTA-winning director Tom George and screenwriter Mark Chappell. Join the dynamic ensemble cast, led by Sam Rockwell and Saoirse Ronan, in a suspenseful and comedic journey, described by critics as “a tongue-in-cheek murder mystery” (Tom Gliatto, People). Fans can enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes bonus featurette when the film arrives on all major digital platforms November 1.

Film Synopsis
Welcome to the greatest murder ever staged! It is the West End of London in the 1950s, and plans for a movie version of a smash-hit play have come to an abrupt halt after a pivotal member of the crew is murdered. When world-weary Inspector Stoppard (Sam Rockwell) and his eager rookie sidekick, Constable Stalker (Saoirse Ronan), take on the case, the two find themselves thrown into a puzzling whodunit within the glamorously sordid theatre underground. The more they investigate the mysterious homicide, the more they realize that they do so at their own peril.

Bonus Features*
  • See How They Run Behind The Curtain – Hear from the talented filmmakers and cast as they pull back the curtain on the filmmaking process which had its unique challenges and rewards. Take a look at the special access to famous locations as well as the care and detail used to recreate them.
*Bonus features vary by product and retailer

Cast
Sam Rockwell
as Inspector Stoppard
Saoirse Ronan as Constable Stalker
Adrien Brody as Leo Köpernick
Ruth Wilson as Petula Spencer
Reece Shearsmith as John Woolf
Harris Dickinson as Richard Attenborough
Charlie Cooper as Dennis
Shirley Henderson as Agatha Christie
Lucian Msamati as Max Mallowan
Pippa Bennett-Warner as Ann Saville
Pearl Chanda as Sheila Sim
Paul Chahidi as Fellowes
Sian Clifford as Edana Romney
Jacob Fortune-Lloyd as Gio
Tim Key as Harrold Scott
Ania Marson as Mignon Saunders
David Oyelowo as Mervyn Cocker-Norris

Directed by
Tom George

Produced by
Damian Jones
and Gina Carter

Written by
Mark Chappell

Music by
Daniel Pemberton

Product Specifications
U.S. Street Date

Digital: November 1, 2022

Product SKUs
Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD

Feature Run Time
Approx. 98 minutes

Rating
U.S. Rated PG-13
*Rated PG-13 for some violence/bloody images and a sexual reference.

Aspect Ratio
Digital: 1.85:1 (16x9)

U.S. Audio
Digital: 5.1 & 2.0 Stereo English, Spanish, and French

U.S. Subtitles
Digital: English SDH, Spanish, French (some platforms)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It has pretty dismal box office, just over $9 million cumulative over 5 weekends. Maybe they figure it's just not worth it?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, not a good sign for physical media. It seems pretty unlikely but maybe another announcement for a disc is imminent?
That could be, too, as this would basically fit with the 45-day theatrical "window" they seem to be using for many films these days before they make a digital/streaming debut. Disc manufacturing is a bit backed up from what I've heard, so maybe they're going to do a separate announcement later.

Most press releases these days have the digital version out a few weeks before the disc. Maybe they just separated them in this case? Though it's only a matter of time, probably, before digital-only releases start appearing and Disney is likely to be leading that effort.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
It has pretty dismal box office, just over $9 million cumulative over 5 weekends. Maybe they figure it's just not worth it?
I think the studios need to go back and revisit the 2 film features offerings from back in the day. This feature would have been given second billing, rather than a stand alone feature? Taking some of the pressure off of it and allowing it to find it's audience, just a thought...

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I hope the writing is strong.
I didn't think it was.

I agree that Disney probably thinks this particular film isn't worth a disc release based on its poor box office performance. I saw it in theaters and didn't like it very much, so I wasn't planning to buy it. But it is a troubling precedent if Searchlight films are now required to perform at a certain level in order to prompt a physical release. I'll be very curious to see if this is a one-off or not. We'll know more the next time a Searchlight film is announced for home release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks