What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Jungle Cruise (4K UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
‘Nonstop action and adventure the whole family will enjoy’
– Dewey Singleton, AwardsWatch

E5C37D1C-9307-415C-9DE3-14A67CD087D6.jpeg

Take a Riveting Ride Through the Amazon When Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ Docks Early on Digital, Aug. 31,
and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ and DVD, Nov. 16

Experience the Adventure in a New Way With Expedition Mode!
Plus, 11 Deleted Scenes, Bloopers and More …

Disney’s “Jungle Cruise,” starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt, arrives on all major digital platforms on Aug. 31 and on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on Nov. 16. “Jungle Cruise” fans can set sail on a rollicking thrill ride in stunning Ultra HD quality and immersive Dolby Atmos audio, with never-before-seen bonus footage, including 11 deleted scenes, bloopers and featurettes. In addition, families can watch the adventure in a fun, exciting new way with Expedition Mode.

Film Synopsis
Seeking an ancient tree with healing abilities, Dr. Lily Houghton and wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff team up for the adventure of a lifetime on Disney’s Jungle Cruise, a rollicking ride down the Amazon. Amidst danger and supernatural forces lurking in the jungle, secrets of the lost tree unfold as their fate – and mankind’s – hangs in the balance.

Disney’s “Jungle Cruise” Bonus Features*
  • Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode – Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
  • It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise – Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film's elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland's most beloved rides.
  • Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny – Go on-set with the two stars, whose newfound friendship helped them project a natural onscreen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
  • Creating The Amazon – Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of “Jungle Cruise,” including how Frank's boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
  • Once A Skip, Always A Skip – Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises they’ve experienced while helming the world-famous “Jungle Cruise” attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
  • Outtakes – Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles -- and a whole lot of laughter.
  • Deleted Scenes
    • MacGregor Drives The Boat
    • MacGregor Water Skis
    • Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
    • Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily's Nightmares
    • Sub Gets Stuck
    • Proxima Surprises MacGregor
    • Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
    • Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
    • MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
    • Frank Makes Tea For Lily
    • The Backside Of Water
*bonus features vary by product and retailer

Cast: Dwayne Johnson as Frank Wolff
Emily Blunt as Lily Houghton
Edgar Ramírez as Aguirre
Jack Whitehall as MacGregor Houghton
Jesse Plemons as Prince Joachim
Paul Giamatti as Nilo
Veronica Falcón as Trader Sam
Directed by:Jaume Collet-Serra
Produced by:John Davis, p.g.a.
Beau Flynn, p.g.a.
John Fox, p.g.a.
Danny Garcia, p.g.a.
Hiram Garcia, p.g.a.
Dwayne Johnson, p.g.a.
Co-Producer:Petra Holtorf
Executive Producers:Douglas C. Merrifield
Scott Sheldon
Associate Producers:Lacey Darlene Paulson
David H. Venghaus Jr.
Screenplay by:Michael Green
Glenn Ficarra
John Requa
Story by:John Norville
Josh Goldstein
Glenn Ficarra
John Requa
Music by:James Newton Howard

Disney’s “Jungle Cruise” Product Specifications
Street Date:Digital: Aug. 31
Physical: Nov. 16
Product SKUs:Digital: 4K UHD, HD, SD
Physical: 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD + Blu-ray + Digital Code), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Code) & DVD
Feature Run Time:Approx. 127 minutes
Rating:U.S. Rated PG-13
Bonus material not rated
Aspect Ratio:Digital: 2.39:1
Physical: 2.39:1
U.S. Audio:4K Ultra HD: English 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English AD 2.0 Dolby Digital,
Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital
DVD: English AD 2.0 Dolby, English 5.1 Dolby, Spanish 5.1 Dolby,
French-Canadian 5.1 Dolby
Digital: English Dolby Atmos (UHD only, some platforms), English
5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 & 2.0 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 &
2.0 Dolby Digital, English Descriptive Audio 2.0 Dolby Digital (some
platforms)
U.S. Subtitles:4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish, French-Canadian, Japanese
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French-Canadian
DVD: English SDH, Spanish, French-Canadian
Digital: English SDH, Spanish, French (some platforms)

Billy Batson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Oh great. I thought it would be next year before I could buy the Blu-ray, they obviously want to cash in on the Christmas market.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I thought it would be next year before I could buy the Blu-ray
Why would it be next year? That would be a ridiculously long window, especially for a film that you can already buy on streaming. The film is already confirmed to be available to all Disney+ subscribers without a surcharge on November 12. There's no reason for them to hold the Blu-ray for that long.

It's interesting to note that this is the second film (after Cruella) which is coming to physical media after it has already become available to all subscribers on Disney+. Mulan, Raya and the Last Dragon and Black Widow had physical media releases before the Disney+ paywall dropped.

Billy Batson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Yeah, of course you're right, what was I thinking. Anyway, I'll be watching it over Christmas, but I don't think we'll get Dune or No Time To Die until next year (assuming that No Time To Die actually gets released this year).

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yes, it was available in some theaters in 3D, but Disney has not supported home 3D for years.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Yes, it was available in some theaters in 3D, but Disney has not supported home 3D for years.

Disney bailed on 3D after the bombs that were Mars Needs Moms and A Christmas Carol. Their last 3D home video release was The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Even theatrically, 3D appears to be a dying breed here. My theater might have had Jungle Cruise in 3D for the first weekend (I don't remember because I didn't see it) but now they are only showing it in 2D. Free Guy has one showing in 3D but 11 others in 2D. So if you want to see it in 3D, it's available, but there is a distinct lack of options. I would imagine Free Guy will get dropped in 3D in a couple weeks.

I can't see 3D films properly because of my disability. A few years ago, when 3D was the primary format for IMAX and other premium format screens, I always hated that 2D options were largely unavailable. Now, things have swung back the other direction. I'm happy to get premium screenings in 2D, but it's too bad those who like 3D aren't being served as well either in theaters or on disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhishek19
Recent bookmarks