1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Cinderella Signature Collection (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 21, 2019.

1. Message #1 of 8 May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    NEDdAWWKGD8VHL_1_1.

In honor of its upcoming 70th anniversary, the timeless animated classic “Cinderella” waltzes into the highly celebrated Walt Disney Signature Collection and the hearts of a whole new generation. The enchanting tale, which showed us that dreams really do come true — and inspired countless fans to reenact the Royal Ball and Cinderella’s infamous midnight dash — arrives home Digitally in HD and Movies Anywhere on June 18, and on Blu-ray™ and DVD on June 25.

The Anniversary Edition of “Cinderella” offers two all-new extras: “Cinderella” trivia and fun facts, hosted by Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s “Sydney to the Max,” and “In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition,” a special edition of “Cinderella” featuring fascinating production details, original storyboards, archival photos, thumbnail sketches and transcripts throughout the feature film. Hours of classic bonus material celebrates the masterful animation, memorable music and long-lasting impact of “Cinderella,” showcasing Walt Disney’s core group of animators, the art of Disney Legend Mary Blair, the original demo recording of the film’s title song and Cinderella’s iconic glass slipper.

• Cinderella Bonus Features on Blu-ray and Digital:
    • NEW BONUS FEATURES
    • • Try This Trivia on for Size - Join Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel's Sydney to the Max and put your knowledge of Cinderella to the test.
    • • In Walt's Words: Enhanced Edition - Watch the movie and gain some insight into its production with storyboards, archival photos, sketches and transcripts.
    • CLASSIC BONUS FEATURES
    • • Diane Disney Miller "Cinderella" Film Intro - In this introduction to the animated classic, Diane Disney Miller describes how Cinderella helped launch a studio renaissance.
    • • The Real Fairy Godmother - Learn about the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother: Mary Alice O'Connor, wife of Disney layout artist Ken O'Connor.
    • • Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fairyland - Discover how Imagineers created a Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
    • • The Magic of the Glass Slipper - World-famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin creates a very exclusive "Glass Slipper" in honor of a beloved Disney classic.
    • THE ART OF CINDERELLA
    • • Concept Art - View a gallery of concept art from the feature's production.
    • • Character Model Sheets - View a gallery of character model sheets from the feature's production.
    • • Story Sketches - View a gallery of story sketches from the feature's production.
    • • Live-Action Reference - View a gallery of photos taken from live-action footage shot as a reference for the animated feature.
    • • Pencil Animation - View a gallery of pencil animation from the feature's production.
    • • Behind-the-Scenes Stills - View a gallery of behind-the-scenes stills from the feature's production.
    • • Feature Stills - View a gallery of stills from the feature.
    • MUSIC AND MORE
    • Cinderella Title Song
    • • "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
    • • "Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale"
    • • "The Work Song"
    • • "So This Is Love"

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  2. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    That "In Walt's Words: Enhanced Edition" feature sounds interesting. But I'm probably good with my Diamond Edition of this particular title. Decent artwork though.

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

I don't have access to it right now, but the press e-mail I got mentioned a 4K UHD version as well.

Unless I misunderstood it, which is possible.

Would assume Ron got the same email!

4. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

I think you are mistaken.

The Cinderella LIVE ACTION is coming out 4k but not the Signature release. I usually trash the press releases I receive immediately after posting but I am pretty sure 4k was not an option.

5. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

You're probably right! I know the email mentioned a 4K option but maybe it was the live action and I didn't read it closely enough!

6. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

And if I am wrong and you find a press release that states otherwise, do let me know and I will update.

Thanks!

7. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    From everything I've read so far, it is the live action version coming in 4k.

I think I'll be sticking with my existing copy of Cinderella barring a 4k release. There's plenty of other titles coming in the next six months to keep me occupied.

8. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    The apparent lack of a 4K version for the animated film calls into question Disney's strategy.

It could be that they are only interested in releasing the more modern titles (The Lion King, The Little Mermaid) on 4K. We'll have to see whether there is a 4K option the next time there is a Signature Collection title from Walt's time.

It is worth noting that Disney did NOT release the original Mary Poppins on 4K when the sequel came out, even though Mary Poppins Returns did come to 4K. So the lack of it would seem to add credence to this theory.

While they haven't made anything official yet, I suspect that the Signature release this coming fall will be Aladdin, to tie in with the release of the remake on Blu-ray. That will almost definitely get a 4K release, so the next time we have a test for this would be in 2020 when they get around to some combination of Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, The Jungle Book or (maybe) Fantasia.