What's new

BVHE Announcement: Peter Pan Diamond Edition (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sometimes this is all we get from the studio. More details to follow as we receive them.

View The Blu-Ray Trailer Here:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
In the Cinderella package, Peter Pan was announced for Spring 2013, so I'm not surprised this is all the teaser we're going to get for awhile.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Knew it. Predicted it--just the other day! I also predicted Jungle Book and Mulan, if anyone's interested lol

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
I love that artwork, i'm hoping Disney sticks w/it all the way through till release.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell /t/324076/bvhe-announcement-peter-pan-diamond-edition-blu-ray#post_3981304
I like that cover art.
Sigh. The older I get, it seems the more kids movies I buy.
So true! Looking forward to this one!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I like the artwork, too. It's light years above and beyond the hideously cluttered ones they've been doing.

Originally Posted by rich_d /t/324076/bvhe-announcement-peter-pan-diamond-edition-blu-ray#post_3981573
If Peter Pan is a kid movie, put me done as a kid. Magical story-telling never gets old.

Agreed. I think "kid's movies" is a pretty limiting definition for most films that bear it. It's an arbitrary, marketing-driven distinction that says nothing about a film's age-appropriateness.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
MatthewA said:
I like the artwork, too. It's light years above and beyond the hideously cluttered ones they've been doing.
Agreed. I think "kid's movies" is a pretty limiting definition for most films that bear it. It's an arbitrary, marketing-driven distinction that says nothing about a film's age-appropriateness.
rich_d said:
If Peter Pan is a kid movie, put me done as a kid. Magical story-telling never gets old.
Perhaps I should have said...the older I get the more I buy movies from my childhood. Of course Disney almost always delivers for the kids and the adults in one package.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
We get Peter Pan and Little Mermaid next year. That's two heavy hitters. 2012 was blessed because we got two more heavy hitters and they got half of their crummiest titles out of the way!

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
I'm hoping that next year we can get some of the package films from the 1940s out on Blu; tops on my list are Make Mine Music and Melody Time fully restored to their original theatrical exhibition (the former had The Martins and the Coys sequence removed from home video and the latter had some edits to the Pecos Bill segment). But then again, this is Disney we're talking about.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by t1g3r5fan /t/324076/bvhe-announcement-peter-pan-diamond-edition-blu-ray#post_3981811
I'm hoping that next year we can get some of the package films from the 1940s out on Blu; tops on my list are Make Mine Music and Melody Time fully restored to their original theatrical exhibition (the former had The Martins and the Coys sequence removed from home video and the latter had some edits to the Pecos Bill segment). But then again, this is Disney we're talking about.
If we get those compilation films (and I hope we do because they are enjoyable), I'd almost be willing to bet the changes will still be present. They didn't restore Fantasia's infamous censored sequence (they did clean it up a little so it was less jarring than the DVD and laserdisc renditions), and I suspect they'll let these edits remain, too, as wrongheaded as they are.

Ruly2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Josh
Name
Peter Pan - Diamond Edition [Blu-ray]
Special Features
+ You Can Fly! The Making of Walt Disney's Masterpiece 'Peter Pan' (Documentary) (1997)
+ Tinker Bell: A Fairy's Tale (Documentary) (2007)
+ Paige O'Hara - 'Never Land (Music Video)
+ T-Squad - The Second Star to the Right (Music Video)
+ Digital Copy
Bluray release date: 02-05-2013
Original theatrical release date: 02-05-1953
total time it took to get onto Bluray: 60 years!
source: dvdaf.com

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
t1g3r5fan said:
I think they can put MMM, Melody Time and F&FF on one big boxed set. That'd be fine with me. Also, 3 Caballeros and Saludos Amigos would make a decent double-disc. They really do need to restore the "smoking" scenes to Pecos Bill and the Goofy segment from Saludos. Nowadays they get around those things by putting on that little PSA with Pinocchio coughing up a fit from the cigar; done deal.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
That wold be nice. I would certainly welcome Make Mine Music, Melody Time and Fun and Fancy Free in HD, and I would add the feature-length version of The Reluctant Dragon from 1941, but I hope Disney will complete transferring the animated features up through The Jungle Book to Blu-ray first. I hope they'll get the animated shorts transferred in high-definition soon instead of continually repackaging them on DVD. I keep buying each upgrade.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Ethan Riley /t/324076/bvhe-announcement-peter-pan-diamond-edition-blu-ray#post_3981923
I think they can put MMM, Melody Time and F&FF on one big boxed set. That'd be fine with me. Also, 3 Caballeros and Saludos Amigos would make a decent double-disc. They really do need to restore the "smoking" scenes to Pecos Bill and the Goofy segment from Saludos. Nowadays they get around those things by putting on that little PSA with Pinocchio coughing up a fit from the cigar; done deal.

They don't need to alter their movies. I think an anti-tobacco PSA should be sufficient, along with a reminder that Walt died of lung cancer.

Three Caballeros would make a stunning Blu-ray.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
MatthewA said:
They don't need to alter their movies. I think an anti-tobacco PSA should be sufficient, along with a reminder that Walt died of lung cancer.
Three Caballeros would make a stunning Blu-ray.
The fact that they'd already dropped about a minute from an already short feature (Saludos Amigos) due to a shot of Goofy smoking, is the sole reason I've absolutely never purchased that title on home video. I think times have moved on, and the film deserves to be seen in its entirety.
The title song sequence from Three Caballeros is a manic masterpiece--worth the price of the entire movie alone. Oh yeah--that's something I want to see in high def!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks