What's new

Buzzing Noise from Surround Speaker -Help (1 Viewer)

Richie-C

Agent
Currently receiving a humming noise from my left surround speaker that is starting to get on my nerves, it has just started doing this in the past month.
My System:
Receiver Pioneer Elite 49tx, Cinenova Grande 5 channel Amp, Paradigm speakers all the way around, Studio 100's Front, Studio ADP's as surround, Center LCR450, Rear Backs Paradigm Espirits. Pioneer Elite Pr0 710 HDTV, Dishnetwork Satelite system w6000 receiver. Using 12 gauage Radio shack speaker cable for surrounds and Monster for fronts.
Subwoofer is SVS 20-39 plus.
I use the amp for the Fronts, Center, and Surround speakers with the rear backs driven by the receiver.

Any ideas on how to get rid of the buzz would be appreciated.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Is the hum only coming from that one speaker? I'd try the following things:
  • Switch amp channels between that speaker and another, and see if the hum "moves" to another speaker. If it does, the hum is in the amp (channel).
  • Try another interconnect. If the hum goes away, you have a bad one.
  • Try driving the speaker using the receiver's amp instead of the external amp. If the hum is still there, it's in the receiver.
  • Try disconnecting things (particularly your cable or satellite feed) and see if the hum goes away. If it does, you have a ground loop somewhere.

Richie-C

Agent
Thanks Kevin for your input. Yes, the buzz is only from one speaker. I will try your suggestions and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks