What's new

Buzzing from woofer (1 Viewer)

Stephen Dodds

Second Unit
I have four Adire DPL12 woofers and one of them has developed a buzz which I noticed while playing some tone sweeps. I did not play the sweeps inordinately loud.

The buzzing goes up and down with frequency and sounds like something is rubbing against something else.

Interestingly, I turned the woofer up the other way, ie rotated it 180 degrees in the baffle, and the buzzing has disappeared (so far).

Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Thanks

Steve

Tim Morton

Stunt Coordinator
sounds like you have 1 of 2 things going on..could be somethign like the tinsel lead vibrating against the cone, or worse would be a voice coil come undone...hope for the first, but prepare for the second...and FWIW..nice page ..speakers look great..but you could lose those dots and i don't think anyone would mind:)

Stephen Dodds

Second Unit
It's definately not lead slap, so it appears there may be problems with voice coil alingnment. Dang.

Sorry it was a site for sore eyes.

:)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, since it went away when you re-oriented the driver it sounds like VC rub. Does it seem to be performing ok now?

Noticed on your site you found your EBS Shiva better than a bunch of other mega-buck subs...agreed. Have you tried a DPL12 in it yet? I did in mine, and it did get a bit deeper, rising response below 20Hz.

Stephen Dodds

Second Unit
I haven't tried a DPL12 in the EBS yet, although I plan too. First I'll see what Adire say about the voice coil. It's working OK now, but I don't trust it.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks