Buzzing from Receiver Problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JayKellen, Aug 9, 2004.

1. JayKellen

JayKellen Stunt Coordinator

I have an RCA 650 Watt Surround Sound System (HTIB) and before you all laugh at me for purchasing this, bare in mind I do not have tons of cash for the high level receivers and such that some of you probably have....anyway, it has worked great, but lately, I have noticed when I turn my receiver on, it buzzes from anywhere to a minute to 5 minutes...if I tap it with my fingers, it goes away, but it is deep humming/buzzing sound...this is definitely not normal, and I just got this system a year ago....if my equipment is going out, what do you recommend as far as brands...I have a 46 inch Toshiba Widescreen TV, a Toshiba Progressive Scan DVD player and would really like a receiver and speaker set that has it all, is affordable and more importantly, works without problems....any advice?...I appreciate your help and thank you in advance for your assistance..

2. JayKellen

JayKellen Stunt Coordinator

By the way...my TV is a HD Widescreen TV if that makes a difference and I need the receiver to have the works, such as DTS and Dolby Digital Decoders, Dolby PL II, etc etc etc....I also would like a set that has a really good sub....my RCA system sounds great except for the 150 watt sub it comes with..i would have thought that at 150 watts, the sub would be a lot deeper....my friend has a 400 watt sony HTIB and his sub is way more powerful and deep than mine and mine is 150 watts and a 650 total watt system.....thans again for your help...