What's new

Buzz Noise from Receiver when TV is On. (1 Viewer)

I am getting a low buzz noise through my speakers when the TV is turned on to play DVDs. When I just listen to music and the TV is off, there is no noise. At first I thought there was some kind of ground loop causing the noise and thought it could be my NAD reciver or my amp, until I found out that the TV being on was causing it. Could the noise be coming from a bad groung through the cable box? Thanks. Glenn

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
Interference from the CRT, methinks. I get the same thing, but my AVR is stacked next to the TV in a cabinet, so I'm not suprised.

Lee Distad

Stunt Coordinator
Also, you may well have a ground loop hum coming from your RF cable line.

If it's not properly grounded, the simplest and cheapest way to eliminate it is to buy two 75-ohm to 300-ohm pigtail connectors, mate them so that the 300-ohm ends are together, and interpose the contraption into the cable line before it reaches your cable box.

I'm no electrician (not even close), but it's a $3 solution that was shown to me years ago, and time and again it works, although in all honesty, I have no idea why. I can guess, but better qualified people than me on this board can probably explain it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks