Buying Xbox games online

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_A_Paul, Aug 6, 2002.

1. I buy most of my DVDs from deepdiscountdvd and they have free shipping (reason why I buy there). I just got an Xbox and I've been trying to find a site to buy games at. There are so many games but I can never find them all, most stores in my area only carry the most popular games. Are there any good sites that sell all Xbox games for good prices (maybe with free shipping)? Or am I just dreaming?

2. mourad

mourad Extra

There isn't much discounting when it comes to video games. The only site that I know of is www.gogamer.com which sells the games at $47.47 (instead of the typical $49.99). They don't have free shipping but they have always interesting specials - this week they're having UFC Tapout for $35.

3. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

I'm usually stuck looking for specials on games I really want, or buying used (eBay, Gamestop, etc.)

4. Barry Woodward

Barry Woodward Second Unit

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

I believe it's not. BuyRite have a terrible reputation. Allegedly.

6. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

I buy all my games off Half.com. The average price I pay is around $32 shipped; new releases are a little more (~$35), and widespread ones are a little less (

7. Barry Woodward

Barry Woodward Second Unit

I've ordered from Buy Rite five times so far and have never experienced a problem.

8. I found a site that offers free shipping; buy.com anyone ever buy from there or heard about it, good or bad?

9. Masood Ali

Masood Ali Supporting Actor

Andrew, Buy.com is one of the grandaddy's of online shopping. An excellent site, notorious for their insane coupon deals during the boom of 1999/2000. They're a 1st class operation by any standard (even if their deals aren't as hot as they used to be).

10. ChristopherS

ChristopherS Second Unit

Don't forget the small video game B&M shops. I went looking for Enclave and instead bought used copies of Max Payne, Gun Valkyerie, and MotoGP (have rented this - now I own it). I got all three for $75 CDN.

Chris

11. BrianB

BrianB Producer

12. Alright, thanks for all the info guys.

13. Jim Tressler

Jim Tressler Stunt Coordinator

I'll second buy.com .. their prices are great on most items and i have never had a problem with ording or shipping.

jim