Buying Various Region DVDs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Scholfield, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Tom Scholfield

Tom Scholfield Stunt Coordinator

Where is the best place to buy the different region dvds. For instance I am looking for the best version of battle royale and the german fifth element disc

Thanks

2. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Bensonsworld.co.uk have the cheapest Battle Royale LE, free shipping, but when one of my packages got lost, they didn't replace. That was the last time I ordered from them, but their prices are significantly cheaper than Blackstar.co.uk
    German 2disc SE of Fifth Element only from Amazon.de, very expensive shipping, I think mine cost $40 total 2 years ago.

3. Tom Vet

Tom Vet Stunt Coordinator

Tom for that German DVD Amazon.de but expect it to go to the Kalium galaxy first, then back through the stargate. I have a Heb de Titanic (Raise The Titanic only disc known to exist) I waited almost 4 months for it.

Totally unnecessary comments of generally insulting and partly political nature edited out by moderator. Tom Vet, consider yourself warned.
    Cees Alons

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

For the best version of BR you need to combine the Korean movie disc with with UK packaging and extras

The BR SE UK disc is screwed totally. It's PAL, but for some reason carries the exact same running time as the NTSC, causing the whole movie to actually run SLOWER than it's supposed to!

The Korean disc carries the same subs, same cut, is anamorphic and has DTS

5. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

No, that's why you need to buy the UK disc too if you want to make the "ultimate" version

7. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

Ok, thanks, good idea, I'll put the korean disc into UK packaging and sell the other on eBay, they won't know better. [​IMG]