What's new

Buying Used from 3rd party on Amazon: 2 questions (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't sure if this was software, or retail feedback or Ah-- figured it's not feedback so hopefully i can get away asking it here.

1) I have a Amazon GC and I have never used one in the past-- I'm wondering if this can be used to buy items from 3rd party offering items via Amazon's NEW/USED section, or can it only be used on Amazon NEW items.

2) Is there any good way to buy from 3rd party sellers and NOT get bootleg discs? I have zero experience in this- so do these sellers have FEEDBACK ratings? If so, do "average" buyer even notice bootleg discs, and complain? Is buying from US sellers a better idea than anywhere outside the US?

Basically I'm just looking to find out the things I should check to amke sure I don't get bootleg discs-- I don't mind buying used, I do mind getting boots.

-Vince

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It should be good for anything on Amazon including used

As far as making sure you don't get a boot...that's going to be hard. Boots have now infected so many US sellers it's not funny. Ask yourself. "What's the list price, and how much are they selling for?" Also see if the 3rd party has contact info listed and call them about it

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Interesting-- So i guess this begs a 3rd question: Is there anything on Amazon that is worth buying? I can't bring myself to buy most DVDs when I find the same titles on deepdiscount or lasersedge for $3-5 CHEAPER. Their book selection is huge, but I often pick up the books I'm looking for in a used store or local retail CHEAPER.

So is there anything on AMAZON you can buy without feeling like you're overpaying?

-V

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Vince, you could probably use them at Amazon.ca maybe? Instant 20% discount or so once you compensate for price diff and exchange rate

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks