It seems that the Hit is the favored model in some places but why exactly? Is it the history of past Sony models that had flickering? Is it a feeling of better overall PQ with the Hitachi? 95% of my viewing will be SD via DirecTV . The other 5% is DVD's. From what I understand, I'll need good stretch modes in order to view SD without burnout. Is that correct? If so, how are the stretch modes on these? What should I look for in stretch mode details. Is there a FAQ on them? Also, I can't seem to find anything regarding 720p in the TV specs. That is something I should look at, right? Thanks folks. I've gotten a ton of info from this place.