Buying today. Polk or HTD

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Mark Un, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Mark Un

Mark Un Auditioning

I'm worse than a woman[​IMG] I get so frustrated with my wife on doing the same thing. I can't decide. I'm looking at the Polk RTi28's for rears, RTi38's for front, CSi30 for the center and the Dayton 10 sub from Part's express. I'm also looking at HTD's Series 2 set. Not a huge price difference between what I can get the two for. I think Polk is more known, but I hate to buy for just name recognition. I will be ordering today to be able to receive before the holidays.
    Any quick recommendations between the two set ups?
    Thanks!
    Mark

2. Richard_B

Richard_B Stunt Coordinator

Mark,
    I don't know anything about the HTD system you are referring to but the Polk system you're looking at is a very nice system.

3. Nhan_H

Nhan_H Second Unit

Mark,

I wish it were that simple to recommend A vs. B. I'm not familiar with Polks, other than the stuff they carry at CC. I'm not that impressed with them at CC, however, as much as I am with the HTD 2s. But I've not listened to them in the same environment, so it's not a fair comparison. What you can do is order the Polks from CC and then order a pair of HTD 2 fronts from HTD. Do a comparison and keep the ones you like best. If you happen not to like the HTDs, then shipping cost won't be that much for 2 speakers. If you happen to like the HTDs, order the rest. Be sure to ask the HTD guys if they can give you the package deal if you decide you like the pair and want to order the rest.