Buying Studio 60s!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jack*Mains, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Jack*Mains

Jack*Mains Stunt Coordinator

So I went down to my local Paradigm dealer today, and decided to go with the Studio 60s v.3! It's a great speaker really, the only problem is that he doesn't have them in stock, so I have to wait a week while he orders them [​IMG]

One question, I have to pick a color, but only the laminate versions are availible, no more veneer. I think they look alright in black, but rosenut is the color I was concerned about. I would like to go with it, but i'm not sure if It would look as good on the laminate. I saw a set of other speakers in a similar color, and they just didn't look good.

Has anyone ever seen the Studio lineup in a rosenut color, and if so, what did you think?

2. Bob Friend

Bob Friend Stunt Coordinator

I've got the 40's in Rosenut and think it looks pretty good (as far as laminate goes). From a few feet out it'll pass for wood. The color also matches our furniture so that makes the wife happy.

3. Brian Barnesky

I just picked up a set of 100's, cc-570 & ADP-470's. It was between the Rosenut and the black Ash. My dealer only had the sycamore in the studio's but had the monitor line in ash.......and I thought they looked like total s*#t. I went ahead anyway and choose the black and when I received them I was completly surprised at the difference in the sutdio line laminate. It looks awesome....in my set up at least. Easier re-sale down the road as well I bet.

I was pretty bummed as well that they dis-continued the veneer option. The sig's finsh is a work of art.

4. Jack*Mains

Alright, its a done deal.
    Went down today and ordered the Studio 60's v.3 in a rosewood finish. Should be here in about two weeks, I cant wait [​IMG]

In case anyone is curious, I paid $1600CAD for the shielded versions, with works out to about $1150USD. I think it was a pretty good deal.

5. Dan KW

Dan KW Agent

Good choice! I love my 60's. Your getting off lucky only having to wait two weeks, I had to wait about a month before my dealer got the pair I ordered. Well worth the wait though IMO. I bought the cherry finish and it looks pretty good, like Brian Barnesky said, looks like wood from a few feet away. I too wished that they still had the veneer option.

6. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

What dealer did you buy the speakers from? Is your price with taxes in? When I got my 40/20/470 setup I was able to pick them up that day and got 15% off and free stands($240CDN value).

Kevin

7. Jack*Mains

I got them from Sounds of Music in Calgary, the price includes GST, and there is no PST in alberta, so that price includes everything. They were listed for $1900CAD, but I got 25% off, plus +60 for the shielding option, comes out to just under 1600CAD.

What have you paid for your 40s?

8. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

At the time I got my setup they had just hit the market. The 40's were $1400 taxes in and free stands($120 value)

Kevin

9. Jack*Mains

The place just called... aparently they can't the shielded versions in rosenut [​IMG]

Oh well.. black ash it is...