What's new

buying speakers on audiogon.com? (1 Viewer)

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
I have been looking to get the M&K 150 system for a while now and I'm pulling my hair out of my head. It is impossible to find a dealer that has the complete system in stock. Then some dealers want to charge the list price wich is rediculous. A few dealers near me have already given me the run around. I'm convinced they have no idea when they are getting these things. I decided to pull out of the deal and try to peice the system together from wherever I can get easch speaker. I saw the M&K 150 main L/R speakers on audiogon from what seems to be a very solid seller. He is selling for a client. He is a HT installer I gather. I asked him to send me pics and he got numerous well detailed pics and the speakers look like there basically perfect. They are also the angled versions that I wanted and am having a hard time finding. They are only 9 months old and they are under warranty and all the origional boxes and paperwork are included. The client decided to sell because they decided to go in wall. The seller also has an ebay account with 100% feedback. Do you think it is worth the risk of buying the mains and possibly the rest of the system this way? Has anyone else purchased anytning on audiogon? Thanks.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I've purchased and sold many things on Audiogon. I avoid Sleeze-Bay totally. You could have a bad experience anywhere and in general many people into the hobby sell things on Audiogon. I generally look at the Audiogon feedback.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Heck yeah, I have had great luck with Audiogon deals over the years. It is exactly what you want? I'd jump on it. I missed out a few deals because I waited to long to decide...

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've bought and sold quite a few items on Audiogon too. As Phil said, there's always the chance someone is scamming, but Audiogon seems like a much better community in general than flea-bay.

John Menoni

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info guys. I decided to pull the triggor. I think I'm getting a good deal. I'm getting the M&K 150 L/R for $1250 including shipping. They are only 9 months old, and under warranty. I've also got to see pics and they look basically perfect. The seller seems to be a gentlemen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks