Buying Speakers from Canada

Arthur S

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Hello

I have my eye on a pair of speakers for sale only in Canada. Could someone give me an idea of the various taxes, duties, permits, etc., etc., that would be involved. Let's say the speakers are $1,500 US and the total weight is 88 pounds.

Thanks in advance.

Artie

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Are they new or used? I sold a Paradigm CC470 speaker to a person in the US. Shipped it UPS insured. On the customs form I indicated it as used and valued at $99 so the didn't get charged and duty. If its new try to get the dealer to do the same thing.

Kevin

Arthur S

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin

The speakers are demos so I could ask the store about adjusting the price when they ship to save the duty and the other fee you referred to.

They are asking $1,600 US. Don't know if they will want to do anything to compromise their business.

Also, even though I think I may like these speakers, I tell everyone who will listen that you can't buy speakers on paper. I have never even heard of the company, they are German. An audition is out of the question.

Keep telling myself, "Don't try to buy speakers on paper".

Artie

Paul Stanley

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Falsifying the value of goods on customs forms is mail fraud, and they DO check. Be careful!

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parsimony