Buying SonoTube from where...???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John LaB, Nov 9, 2001.

1. John LaB

John LaB Agent

With my backordered Tempest getting ready to ship, I wanted to gather my supplies over the weekend.
    I planned on heading up to HA Harris Construction Supplies in NJ, being that Jack G said it was pretty much the closest place in NJ to find some.
    However, I'm not sure if the prices seem kind of high. And, I defintitely dont need 12' of it, besides i have no idea how i'd get a 12' tube home.
    18" tube -> $8 / foot = $96
    20" tube -> $10.60 / foot = $127
    Has anyone found better prices online, or any other places in NJ that have better deals? I would like to start building withink a week or two, so any scoop is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -jpl

2. Mike_Ped

Mike_Ped Second Unit

Well, I live in So. Ca. and I unfortuanlely can't tell you of where to go, but have you tried a concrete supply place? I got mine from a construction/concrete supply place for about $6/foot (Actually they cut a 4' section for me on the 24" diameter tube and charged my $23). Hope that helps, a little.
    Mike

3. John LaB

John LaB Agent

I'm heading over to Dyke's tomorrow anyway for some MDF, so I'll check there.
    I've got some leads, but I'm still at work, so I'm limited to yahoo yellow pages.
    Best price I've found so far is $85 for 12' of 20". Looks like I might have to go into the subwoofer business...
    I'll keep you posted.
    -jpl