Buying Pioneer Online

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by CullenLJ, May 22, 2003.

1. CullenLJ

CullenLJ Auditioning

I live in Orlando and my local Sound Advice retailer (read tweeter) says if I buy a Pioneer VSX 41 on-line that there is no warranty --

I suspect its not true but looking for comments from y'all if you have every run across this before ..

Crazy Eddy out of NY is at least $100 cheaper and the local guy will not deal ..

appreciate everyones $.02

2. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Supporting Actor

Try these guys here.

www.soundpros.com

They seem to be pretty good and if you go to "company" it says the will back the manuf. warranty. They ususally have good prices too.
    My friend bought them and they treated him great!

3. Jack_TN

Jack_TN Stunt Coordinator

Check the Pioneer website. I think they have a list of authorized Internet dealers. Some companies (don't know if Pioneer is one) won't honor the waranty if you buy from an unauthorized dealer.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/

Jack

4. Tim_R_H

Tim_R_H Stunt Coordinator

Most of the online dealers are not authorized Pioneer Elite dealers. Pioneer says they will not honor the warranty. I bought mine from Soundpros.com which I dont belive is an authorized dealer but the claim they will back the warranty even if Pioneer doesn't. They are also a member of the Better Business Bureau for what thats worth. I just bought mine there for $760 + shipping.

5. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Supporting Actor

Correction. There are NO authorized online dealers for Pioneer Elite product. You have to make the decision if a couple of hundred dollars is worth peace of mind during the warranty period. Regards.

6. Robert Fellows

Robert Fellows Stunt Coordinator

I've posted this several times, so 1 more time probably won't hurt me.

I bought an Elite receiver over the Internet. I had a problem with it. I took it to an authorized Pioneer service center with my receipt, from a store 2500 miles away. They fixed it no charge in 2 days.

How can a service center tell how you got your unit? Maybe you bought it on a trip.

7. Carl Gaff

Carl Gaff Second Unit

I have purchased Pioneer products on-line a couple of times, and gotten the Pioneer warranty also. Here's the way I did it:

1. Check to see if the retailer is an authorized Pioneer dealer. Not on-line dealer, but a Pioneer dealer.

2. Find the dealer on-line and get the price.

3. Call them and get them to honor the price over the phone as a dealer. Sice you are not purchasing the item "on-line" Pioneer will honor the warranty.

C. Gafford