What's new

Buying Paradigms online in Canada (1 Viewer)

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
Just a little defined clarification, though it seems completely obvious in all the past posts, is it illegal for Canadian distributors of Paradigm to sell to a person in the states?

I always hear about making the drive north for the discount, but has anyone found any Canadian stores with an internet presence to sell and ship to an American address?

Thanks

MarcVH

Second Unit
There are Canadian stores with an Internet presence who will ship to an American address, but they will require the purchaser to be physically present in their store to sign something.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Why not just take them back with you if you are there?:) Plus shipping speakers is spendy.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Hey I'd be willing to go buy speakers for you up here in Canada and ship them to you in the states. Shipping is a killer though, a studio 40 (1 speaker) would probably be around $50cdn to ship, so around $30 usd, so to be safe say $70usd to ship a pair of studio 40's. Although that may still be a great deal in the long run.

Hye like I said, I'd be willing to do it, I'd just go down the street pick up a pair for you and ship them off. I accept paypal :P

MarcVH

Second Unit
Well, you might not want to take them back because you're flying, so checking a complete 7.1 speaker system would involve paying extra luggage fees and be a huge hassle. Or you might have a small car which will not contain them all. Or you might be up in Canada as part of a week-long vacation, and not wish to lug them around with you everywhere you go. Or the dealer might not even have them in stock at the moment, but promise to ship them to you when they do.

Shipping costs money, but in some provinces you can get out of paying the provincial sales tax by having the items shipped directly out of the province, making it a win.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks