What's new

Buying Paradigms in Vancouver (1 Viewer)

Matthew T

Auditioning
I'll be making the trip to visit my brother in Seattle in the next month and plan to drive up to Vancouver to purchase some Paradigm speakers (most likely Minimonitors, CC-370, and atoms).

Through the Paradigm web site, I came up with 3 authorized dealers - Audio Video Unlimited, North Shore Audio Video, and P.E.P Audio Video. Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Any suggestions as to which of them (or others if I haven't found them) I should shop at for a good deal? Any particular salesmen I should speak with? etc...

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Matthew, I just bought a pair of Studio 60's yesterday at Audio Video Unlimited in Surrey, which is a suburb of Vancouver. I worked a great deal mainly because I've made 4 purchases in the last 2 years with the same salesman. I would have no problem setting you up with him. PM me when your in Seattle.

Matthew T

Auditioning
How far away is Surrey and is it easy to find? I'm already worried about getting lost in Vancouver.

ernie.bin

Stunt Coordinator
there's a lot of avu locations in the area. check out their site at avu.ca. I deal with rene at their broadway store in vancouver and he's always great. If you make the trip up, you should explore the city a bit. It's a great city (I am biased though).

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, vancouver rules :D
Anyways, AVU is a very reputable dealer for paradigms, i'd recommend them... There are plenty of them around vancouver...

ernie.bin

Stunt Coordinator
i called my dealer to order a set of shielded atoms and they said the prices had gone up a bit. so my shielded atoms were $220cad, and normal ones were $200cad.

any one experience a similar price increase from a year ago?

Greg Olson

Auditioning
I live in Bellingham and was looking at the Energy C-3 ($499/pr)for the fronts and C-R1 Surrounds($175each)and C-C1 center($349) at Goodguys. I was thinking of going up to Vancouver to look at the Paradigms, I have never listen to them but the have great reviews. What would be compairable system with the Paradigms? I looked the the web site a really like the Monitor 5's, CC-370, ADP-370 setup. But I don't even know what price point they are in? I will be adding them to a SVS 20-39PCI+.

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO the Paradigm system will outperform the Energy system. I've owned both. If you drive up and buy in Canada you would probably get the Paradigms for about 20-25% less than your Energy's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks