What's new

Buying Online (1 Viewer)

James C

Grip
Thinking about purchasing the HK AVR 630 from Etronics.com.
Anyone have anything positive or negative about this site?

Thanks

John S

Senior HTF Member
I ordered two receivers recently from them.

Delivery was prompt, and the products even though refurbished looked brand new, I could not find one blemish on either of them.

You may want to verify warranty support on the H/K unit though. I called Onkyo and they sort of danced around weather or not Ecost was truly factory authorized, but said they did support full warranty for any refurbished Onkyo equipment purchsed through Ecost.

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
THEY ARE NOT AN AUTHORIZED DEALER! Which means HK doesn't have to honor their warranty. I bought my AVR330 from Onecall and had zero problems. It was out of stock, but as soon as they had one, it shipped 3 day FedEx.

Looks like Onecall has the 630 for $739+shipping. You just need to weigh the possibility of the manufacturer not honoring their own warranty.

Rick

James C

Grip
Thanks. I went to the HK site and found the Authorized Dealers. Went to all the sites and the site (onecall) you suggested had it at a lower price than the others. Think I will probably use that site instead.

Thanks again.

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
By the way...

If you are going to use them as a result of my recommendation, tell them I referred you if you don't mind. They have a referral program that will help me buy more stuff :)

altan

Stunt Coordinator
I've had good experience with J&R. I (easily) got them to pricematch someone (cannot remember who). I was happy with the deal.

... Altan

Ian-Fl

Second Unit
I bought my H/K new from etronics and the last I time I looked they were selling forty different products manufactured by Harman Kardon. I can't believe that H/K wouldn't honour a warranty if Etronics is selling that many products manufactured by them. I might understand if it was some small ebay company that was trying to pull something off, but this is too big an online company to ignore.

Rick Westfall

Stunt Coordinator
Probably a good point. It would warrant an email or phone call to H/K to make sure they will still honor the warranty.

GregorySB

Grip
I think your best bet is to order from OneCall. They are definitely an authorized dealer, and their prices are very good.

With the promotions they have going on right now ($15 off purchases from $600-$999, and a $30 mail-in rebate on several HK receivers, including the 630), you can get an HK 630 delivered for less than many non-authorized dealers (including etronics.com).

I missed out on the $699 price with 6 cent shipping for the 630 at 6ave.com (who happens to be an authorized HK dealer, but only in their retail stores, not online). I still want the HK 630, and I think that the current price at OneCall is about the best we'll see in the next couple of months.

Robert Fellows

Stunt Coordinator
I've posted this several times, so 1 more time probably won't hurt me.

I bought an Elite receiver over the Internet. I had a problem with it. I took it to an authorized Pioneer service center with my receipt, from a store 2500 miles away. They fixed it no charge in 2 days.

How can a service center tell how you got your unit? Maybe you bought it on a trip.

The service centers are there to fix things, not necessarily look for a reason to turn away business.

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my AVR630 at vanns.com
They will beat any online price.
So if etronics is the lowest, tell them the price shipped and they will match it.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks