What's new

Buying new rolling luggage - Suitcase or Duffle? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
I have always traveled using an awesome duffle bag that I got many years ago. It is super sturdy and has made it around the world with me many times without any damage. However I am getting lazy so I have been eyeing wheeled luggage and to my surprise they offer wheeled duffles too.

Any thoughts on using wheeled duffles as opposed to wheeled suitcases. Also any recommendation on brands. I need a size for 8-10 days and would like the price to stay below $150.

Laters,
Jeff

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
I've only used wheeled cases not duffles. Check out ebags.com for luggage. Excellent service and prices. I've bought luggage and laptop backpacks from them. Last December I bought some Skyways luggage on a close out that was incredible. Excellent buyer reviews too.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
If you're travelling with business attire that needs to stay as wrinkle free as possible, I'd go with a suitcase. Otherwise, a duffel all the way. The soft sides really help with storage when not in use.

Sorry I can't recommend duffel brands, but we get our roll-a-board suitcases through my wife's work (and for the big stuff we still use an old duffel !)

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
Thanks for the tip on ebags, they have quite a selection! My duffle is an Eagle Creek and it looks like they have some nice selections. I am leaning towards one of the hybrids.

Great ideas so far. Any other thoughts?

Laters,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks