What's new

Buying New Editions Question (1 Viewer)

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

Quick Question, I'm Replacing THE ROCK and ARMAGEDDON for the Criterion Editions, I Know THE ROCK CE is Anamorphic, but I'm not sure about the Armageddon, IS ARMAGEDDON CE Anamorphic as well.

Thanks

MarcinL

Stunt Coordinator
Oh One More,

Is the Rock Double Disc set, Picture better than regular set, As I understand it Has DTS and DD 5.1 DS stereo and for some reason DS Mono sound???? Why I don't know, but with so many tracks, is the quality of video still good.

also Armageddon CE seems to be Director's Cut, What else is in there, i noticed its 2 mins longer!!!

Thanks again

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
The Rock Criterion (2 disc set) is a reference quality transfer. It blows away the old one!

The Armageddon Criterion (director's cut) extends a few scenes and shows one with Bruce Willis's character and his father. There isn't much difference between the director's cut and the theatrical print. It's too bad the transfer wasn't anamorphic as it would have been reference quality, too. It does look very good, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks