What's new

buying new car-costco-carmax,AAA-whats the best? (1 Viewer)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
It feels a lot better to educate yourself and be well informed and know you're not getting ripped off.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D

That sounds good but when this uninformed person finds out i got the same care for 2 large less, his deal is no longer great and he isnt feeling good about it at all.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Not 100% true.

Besides, if anyone has to finance a car, you're getting ripped off, unless you get a rate of 0%. A few grand savings on the purchase price is not much in the big picture if you've got a car loan.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Very true. For some, that $2k is nothing, for others, it's a lot. I'm not going to waste a lot more time chasing after that perfect deal either. You could spend weeks going dealer to dealer to dealer trying to save that additional $2k haggling all the way. When does the time spent vr the money saved come into play, for everyone it's different.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
You didnt read the other posts? I never set foot on a lot until by e-mail they had my car at my price,no haggle. No going to lot after lot. No hassle. I'll never do it another way. Now you have to do your homework and you cant ask for an unreasonable price.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I was not talking about you specifically, but more so the general populous. Guess I should have worded my previous post a bit clearer.

Tim L

Second Unit
lots of good advice here- i did do some research on edmunds and costco- just to build the car with the options I wanted to see a general ballpark figure. I was looking at the camry SE-but I didn't know you could not order the car with your specifications personaly-I guess you have to wait and see if the deal gets that car in at some point-this seems crazy to me. I went to a few dealerships just to sit in the car and test drive and this is when I found this out-but there was a scarce of camrys on the lots-they are ion huge demand for sure- so the haggeling for price seems it will not be in my favor-since everyone wants one. Of course theywere trying to pawn off the cars (few they are) to me- I said no thanks- I am patient and can wait for what I want. I do not want a car thats been test driven around. I looked at the accords also- many more on the lots-but not sure if they have the same policy of the customer can not order specifaclly for them. oh well-have to be patient.
Tim

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D
If they dont have a car on there lot that meets what you want,they can get on there computer and find it at another lot and trade a car from there lot for it. Dont let them BS you for anything. You can get on a lot of sites and built your car with the options you want and dont want and tell them this is what i want. Even if they are selling like pancakes you still should be able to get 2-500 under invoice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks