Buying my first set of speakers.. Need help!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EricTang, Jan 26, 2003.

1. EricTang

EricTang Agent

I just got a Denon 2802 receiver from my dad because he just recently upgraded his system, but the problem is I don't have any speakers to go with it. After spending many hours reading the posts here and searching online, I have auditioned most of the speakers carried by local store.

These are the speakers I am considering to get: Paradigm: Mini Monitor ($299 USD for a new v3 pair

2. AhsanR

AhsanR Stunt Coordinator

POLK Lsi Series,

Onix Rockets,

Klipsch Reference Series,

Just find an online site that sells em.

plenty of good stuff out there.

3. MatthewK

MatthewK Stunt Coordinator

Or you could go with:
    Axiom Audio
    Dahlquists

There are a couple of other threads out there that discuss this same topic pretty much. Might want to check them out as well. [​IMG]

Matthew

4. EricTang

EricTang Agent

Thanks for your advises.. I ended up getting JM LAB the Cobalt S826s for my fronts, and CC800 for center. After I auditioned them this afternoon, I knew I had to get them eventhough I can only afford the fronts and center. They were just better and more clear than any other of the speakers I auditioned. I don't know why no one hardly ever talk about them here, but these speakers are AMAZING... I strongly suggest anyone to take some time and check them out..

5. EricTang

EricTang Agent

By the way.. I compared the JMs with the Paradigm Studio 60s and 100s side by side... and JMs just blew them away...