What's new

buying just the disks ? (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
do any of the studios sell just the disks ?
i would rather save some money on the packaging.
but most importantly, it simply takes up way too much room.
there are special cabinets that are made to hold thousands of disks.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
You can always recycle the cases or throw them away.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, really. Put them in jewel cases so that they fit in with all of the DVDR discs and chuck out the packaging. 1) It takes up too much room and 2) it just works better. Rather than having a couple of thousand pre-recorded discs and tens of thousands of DVDRs separate, this way you can put everything together.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I haven't been able to part with my TV-on-DVD packaging (yet), but I have started downsizing my movie collection and single disc DVDs by throwing away the plastic cases and keeping the insert artwork.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
I'm thinking like Neil, In fact all my collection is in Jewel cases with all new covers I've done. Included is an example of that.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
maskedmala said:
I'm thinking like Neil, In fact all my collection is in Jewel cases with all new covers I've done. Included is an example of that.
Looks nice! :)

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
eric scott richard said:
I put my discs in binders now. It looks impressive when you have complete sets.
What do you do with double sided discs in binders,

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
maskedmala said:
That s very neat, I have 1000s of discs, I do not know if I have the time but really, this is how they should come out, I never undestood why they felt the need to add all that extra space.

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
That's true Tory, all the extra space for nothing. With the Jewell cases, you've got a very good solution to that, your discs are protected with a minimum of space. With my personal collection of over 3000 TV shows and movies, SPACE is the key word. And for those numerous DVD recording I've done from Turner Classic Movies I've also made Jewel cases custom covers so I've got a well organized / good looking DVD collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks