What's new

Buying Hitchcock (1 Viewer)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I'm interested in expanding my Hitchcock collection. Right now all I have is the Criterion box. However, it seems with the Universal sets, the only way to get all the volumes of Alfred Hitchcock presents is to buy Both Best of Hitchcock volumes and both Hitchcock Collection volumes, which would leave you with two copies each of Psycho, Rear Window, Vertigo and The Man Who Knew Too Much. What's up with that? Is there some sort of rerelease I should be waiting for, or is this unavoidable?

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Get the four discs on Ebay. :) I just did that less than a month ago! I paid around $100.00 for all 4. I bought them all from different sellers. They are great discs and I do not regret it at all. In fact, I would have paid more for them if I needed to do so. I am in the same boat as you are. I bought the Criterion set (already had North By Northwest) and now want to get as many of Hitchcock's works as I can. I saw those 4 discs were exclusives and did not want to buy the 2 box sets and end up with duplicates... so I snagged them from Ebay. Some of my best purchases. I really do like those 4 discs. :)

Sergio Martorel

Second Unit
A friend of mine bought the AHP discs on Ebay, so it´s avoidable. And you can´t go wrong with the Universal box sets. Or the Warner releases (North By Northwest and Strangers on a Train).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks