Buying first rptv.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Harold Southard, Jan 1, 2004.

1. Harold Southard

Harold Southard Stunt Coordinator

Hello,
    I will, in the next couple of months, be buying my first rptv. I have been doing alot of looking. I found the Samsung 52" Widescreen HDTV HCN529W for $1500 and that fits my budget. I have not been able to find any reviews of the tv. I like the size and the fact that it has the HD tunner built in. I own a couple of Sammies now and have had good service from them. What do you think (know). Thanks.

2. Harold Southard

Bump.

3. Jeremy Scott

Jeremy Scott Second Unit

bump

4. Jeff W.

Jeff W. Stunt Coordinator

If you plan to get satellite or cable TV, I would skip the models with built-in tuners since you will be using the sat/cable tuner instead.

5. Harold Southard

I have cable now. My cable Co. transmits HD programing for free, but we must own our own tunner or set top box. They said the one from Samsung works. They have no planes to rent HD boxes. Reguardless of the built-in HD tunner, the TV seems pretty nice. The tunner is just a plus. I am also looking at getting an antana. I have looked and looked to find reviews on this rptv, but not found any.

6. Bob_Campbell

Bob_Campbell Stunt Coordinator

harold,

do yourself a favor and DO NOT buy a sammie rptv... like the others are saying, bump. the top 3 rptv makers are, #1 mitsu, #2a toshiba, #2b, hitachi. lokk at these before you buy anything. I would highly recomend buying a smaller screen to get a better pic if it doesn't fit into your budget. I have the toshiba 46h83 and love it. Try to stay away from sammie in this purchase.

bob

btw.. there is a reason you haven't found any reviews