What's new

Buying DVD of movie you've just seen at the theater (1 Viewer)

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Imagine being able to pick up a DVD of a movie you've just seen and loved at the movie theater on your way out. Imagine being able to pre-order a DVD to ship the day the movie opens. Imagine the owner of a digital movie theater who isn't worried about piracy.

All of this may come to pass thanks to Mark Cuban's purchase of Landmark Theaters. Here's a link to the article in Wired news: Cuban buys art house chain.

A quote from the article:
Are you concerned about piracy in movie theaters?
Not one bit. If we can't compete with some guy sneaking a camera into the theater, or a blurry, encoded, postage stamp-sized file, then please - just shoot us.
Makes me wonder if the purchaser of Anchor Bay could be Cuban filling in some holes in his media empire.

Jan

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
Imagine being able to pick up a DVD of a movie you've just seen and loved at the movie theater on your way out. Imagine being able to pre-order a DVD to ship the day the movie opens
you can, very easy. come and live in the UK or Europe in general. In France Finding Nemo started screening this week in the cinemas. and in the UK it started when the first preorders for FN were shipped.
we live in a world you can only dream of.:D
same goes for SWAT that one arrives in cinemas here in a week and even later throughout he rest of europe and 3 weeks later the DVD can be bought

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Cuban is King!
I know this guy is 'just' trying to make money.
Who isn't?
But man, everything this guy does, makes the audio/video experience sooooooooo much better.
Has this guy, ever missed?
Still have those fantastic HD images in my head from the Winter Games!
Maybe, now it will be 'safe' to go too the movies again!

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Well with Lord of the Rings Two Towers Extended I feel I've bought a movie on DVD BEFORE I see it in theatres! Love my Trilogy Tuesday ticket! :D

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I posted the same thing earlier this morning in the after hours section. I just love that quote. This guy GETS IT!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks