What's new

Buying Denon receivers online (1 Viewer)

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
How is the warranty buying a Denon receiver online? I want to buy the AVR-3802 and the price difference is rather big between a place like Tweeter or Good Guys ($1200) to online places ($750-$800).
The Denon web site warns about this and mention a couple of online places only (all expensive though). Should I take it that if I buy somewhere else I have no warranty?
Is it worth the extra $400?
A little confused right now...
Ron Birk

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Ron,
I purchased my 3801 online and although Denon may say they will not honor the warranty, the store i purchased my Denon from did give me a "store" warranty on my purchase.
Check around and you may find something that suits you.
------------------
RobertDuvall.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

DarrinH

Second Unit
rbirk, If it will give you any confidence I plan on purchasing a 2802 here very soon from sounddistributors.com.
I did the same thing you are doing, asking about stores and if the idea of purchasing online is a safe transaction. Basically I did not get much help to convince me just a couple of trustworthy stores to purchase from. The money savings is enough for me to take the bait of the online market. I have heard good things about sounddistributors give them a look. Good luck to us both.
------------------
flag.jpg

The EC
The Entertainment Cave
"Remember, if you can't be polite to our guest you have to sit at the kiddies table."

Randy G

Second Unit
I've helped a few folks out on this forum before, so if you're interested, drop me an email at [email protected] for a 25% discount on ALL Denon stuff. It will come from a true brick&mortar store located in Illinois, with full warranty, and an extremely helpful dealer. Also carries Lexicon, Velodyne, Sherbourne, Mission, PSB, Monitor Audio, Onkyo.
Randy
ps- he's even pretty good at getting things fixed that are out-of-warranty, IF you haven't yet sent in your warranty...which is entirely up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks