What's new

Buying Denon products Online (1 Viewer)

Jasen Kent

Grip
Kevin:

I sent you an email.

With respect to haggling with these online dealers, they all give me the same speel saying "the 3803 is in great demand for the holidays and we can't really discount it" or something to that nature.

Jasen

Andrew_B

Stunt Coordinator
What kind of price is 6thave selling the 3803 for? I have a serious case of upgraditis. Feel free to PM me.

I agree that Denon's policy is onerous. I was so unhappy about it that I almost went with a Marantz. Very stupid, putting the onus on the consumer, who often has no idea whether or not a dealer is authorized. I searched for Denon receiver auctions on eBay, and contacted several of the dealers there. This resulted in me finding authorized dealers (I looked them up on the Denon Dealer Locator prior to purchasing) and getting excellent prices (about $1600 for an AVR4802, or $900 less than Crutchfield charges).

I like my Denon gear, but that policy is just beyond idiotic. It's guaranteed to get customers angry with the company. It's absolutely the wrong way to protect their dealers. All these companies that try to restrain discounting wind up shooting themselves in the foot.

Lewis

Agent
What about JandR in NY. I know they are an authorized BM store. What if I go to the store and audition the unit. I have them ship it to me in NJ to avoid NY sales tax. Where does that leave me?

I can vouch for ABT electronics...
http://www.abtelectronics.com/
They were able to get me the best price on a Denon 3803 from any of the online dealers (937 shipped, no tax). when i called local dealers they laughed at me when i asked if they would match this price.

alan_dana

Agent
ABT is excellent. A couple of months ago I went to the on-line retailer ratings service, Bizrate, and found that they had received extremely good customer ratings. One of the highest in the industry.

They always quote list on-line, but several of their phone sellers will go well under it. The $937 price quoted above, including shipping, is right in the ballpark of what I've heard many others have gotten from them.

Good price, great service, and authorized. Hard to beat that combo.

Alan

I purchased my Denon AVR 4802 receiver for $1650 or so (can't recall the exact price) from an authorized Denon dealer in southern California called Lasertek. They seem to carry most of Denons receivers and they discount with the best of them. Best of all you can look them up on the Denon website, they are the real deal. I found this guy through eBay.

Alan_MD

Grip
I spoke to a Denon dealer in St. Louis today. For what it's worth, the salesman thought there would be a price drop on the 3803 in January 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks