What's new

Buying Denon products Online (1 Viewer)

Paul Fa

Stunt Coordinator
Are there really any online dealers that meet the imposing warnings about 'authorized' dealers that you see on the Denon website? Which have you used and what was your experience like?

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The good guys! is an authorized Denon dealer, and I bought a Denon receiver online from them with free shipping. The unit arrived a week after ordering (it was back ordered the day I ordered). This outfit is quite reputable and dependable, thus meeting Denon's rigorous requirements. Do not purchase from an unauthorized dealer.

Lou Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
I'll vouch for 6ave.com. I ordered a Denon 2802 from them - good price and service. as mentioned, they are an authorized dealer.

romid

Auditioning
Paul did you decide on the 3803? Chack out Valley TV in El Monte. They are an authorized Denon dealer and they're selling the 3803 for $800. They won't quote that price over the phone - you have to go to the store. It's not that far from Thousand Oaks maybe 45mins - 1 hr

Paul Fa

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,
Thanks for the info. Romid - can you email me directly? I am thinking of going by Valley TV tomorrow and would like to ask a few more questions of you w/o wasting the forums time/space!

Thanks,
PF

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Remember, there is another option to buying Denon gear at great prices. If you have an American Express card with the "Best Value Guarantee" - you could buy the Denon receiver at retail price, then have Amex match a cheap Internet retailer (up to $250 difference in price) and Amex would refund the difference to you. This option would ensure that you get your Denon gear from an authorized vendor -- and retain your right to the Denon warranty along with getting a good price. :)

TomH

Second Unit
"thus meeting Denon's rigorous requirements"

That is funny.

The "authorized" Denon dealer in Tucson is a TV/appliance shop with an overcrowded back room packed wall to wall with audio equipment. There is no way to correctly audition, almost nothing is in stock, expertise is on a par with Circuit City and price is always list.
There is a big Authorized Denon logo on the door. Maybe if Denon would spend more time making their "authorized" dealers comply with "rigorous requirements" they could salvage some credibility.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
For what it's worth, the whole authorized/not authorized dealer mess is exactly why I bought HK over Denon. Once I got into deciding who is and who isn't authorized, I decided I wanted nothing to do with Denon.

It's too bad; I hear they make great products.

Denon needs to put a stop to all of this bullshit. From what I've been able to tell, other manufacturers do not have these huge problems. Seems to me that Denon lets it continue for the good of their own profits at the expense of the customer.

Jasen Kent

Grip
I've tried all of the online "authorized" dealers and none of them seem to budge off the list price of $1199. Any suggestions?

There's a local Tweeters that carries the 3803 for the same list price. What are my chances of getting a discount from them in person?

Thanks!

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Crutchfield is an authorized dealer but I don't know what their price is. Usually it's retail or close to it. When a new model comes out they usually discount the old quite heavily. Not much help if your looking for the 3803 though.

Rick_FL

Stunt Coordinator
Jasen: I sent you a PM, but then realized you said you called all denons authorized dealers. 6ave wouldnt give you a better price? I'm surprised.

Jasen Kent

Grip
Rick:

Thanks for the PM. I did contact 6th Ave., but they quoted me list price like all of the other mentiond internet dealers.

Goodguys did quote me about 8% off list including shipping but they are on the west coast and I'm on the east coast and they really couldn't give me an exact date of shipping or when I would receive it.

I was hoping for a better deal. There are a few 3803's listed on Ebay for much less, but those auctions are probably from non authorized dealers and there seem to be a lot of conditions to bidding on them.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks for the PM!

Jasen

Colin-H

Second Unit
You have to try to haggle a little, man. If they can sucker you into paying list, they will do it, but a sale is a sale. I got my 3802 for like $4–500 off list from 6ave.com.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
I got my 3802 $500 off list! Be sure to call 6th and ask for a price match. I think the Pioneer 49x, Yamaha 3200, hk8000, Denon 5800/5803, Onkyo 989 v 2/900, are worth a close look on Dec 26th. Prices will dump from 23-27 Dec.
If you can get the cash, those high end models will have an outstanding amp section. I love my 3802, but if I had the cash I would have waited and went with the 5803/5800/49x/989v2.
The JVC 10, HK 525,Onkyo 900,Yamaha 2200, and Sony 7ES are good units also in that price range.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Stretch your budget and go up a level. You won't be sorry.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks