1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Buying clothes online

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Larson, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

Does anyone know of any good places from where to buy clothes online? I know of www.bluefly.com , but don't know if they are actually good deals - can i get those clothes for similar money at Costco and the like? (Except the fact that i don't have a Costco anywhere near. [​IMG])
    I'm looking for nice stuff that won't cost an arm and another body part.
    I don't want anything out of the ordinary, no hip-hop style clothes for me, please - simple T-shirts, shirts and trousers will do just fine. Probably even cotton pants and/or something i've missed out. I've been somewhat out of touch with fashion for some time too - anyone know where i can brush up on the latest styles on the street? When i went to NY everyone was wearing black. :b Confusyass!

2. Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz Second Unit

3. MikeF

MikeF Stunt Coordinator

Since Bluefly's stock basically consists of designer closeouts, you get two things:

1. Wierd styles that no one wanted to buy at anywhere near full price and that you can now add to your closet for 1/3 of retail. This is great if you've always wanted a purple, four-button Gucci suit made out of celophane.

2. Traditional styles that they sell at damn near retail. Examples of this include the $1000 Armani suits, which probably cost $1395 at Bergdorf Goodman when not on sale.

Basically, I don't recommend Bluefly unless you're looking for something from last season that you missed out on purchasing but MUST have.

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, Gap occasionally has some great deals...
    I never buy clothes online though.. what if they dont fit perfectly? One style's Medium may be another style's large, etc.
    Same with shoes [​IMG]

5. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

Most of the brick & mortar stores that have an online component will take a return at the brick & mortar store for an online purchase. Some don't (I think Lucky Brand doesn't for some reason...)

6. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

I have had fantastic experience with Lands End. In fact I just ordered a couple pairs of pants, some shorts and a couple of t-shirts today!
    The quality has always been very good. I especially like the custom tailoring that is available on certain items. For example, I need 33" in-seam for pants. Just try to find 33" in-seams on anything! With Lands End you can have most pants hemmed to a quarter inch! So if you want your in-seam to be 34 3/4" with cuffs no problem. 29 1/2" no problem.
    I strongly recommend them!

7. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

www.gap.com usually has great deals.
    I bought last month 2 pairs of khakis, 1 Polo Shirt and 1 T-Shirt ... all for $40 !?!?!?!
    Everything was $9.99. The khakis alone are $40 each at the local Gap.
    Of course it helps that I am 6'7" and sometimes odd sizes are ridiculously priced [​IMG]

8. Jim Ed

Jim Ed Agent

I use

dickies.com
    Lands End
    L.L Bean
    Eddie Bauer
    Hart Apparel for Carhart items
    Norstorms for shoes