What's new

Buying car parts over the net... (1 Viewer)

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Is there anyone who know where a good site to buy car parts? I'm looking to buy a A/C comp for my car and I was wondering if someone have purchase parts over the net.

Thanks,

Bry

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Bry, you'd be much better off if you post the make and model of your car. Many internet auto dealers specialize in only certain types of cars so if you're looking at getting OEM parts, then that's the way to go.

Jay

Bry_DD

Second Unit
I'm looking and A/C Comp for my 96 honda civic. Don't need a genuine honda parts. I called the dealer and they want almost twice as much from a near by auto parts store here.

thanks again,

Bry

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Best place for factory parts for Honda that I know of on the net is: A&H Motorsport
The dealer charges more for parts like this because usually they are of much higher quality than what you will get at your local parts store. There are some things I just won't buy from local parts stores.
Have you tried local dismantlers (junkyards)? That's the first place to try, I'd say.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Bryy, why are you changing the Compressor, is it froze? not blowing cold? Are you doing the job? etc. I hate to see you spend money on a compressor and it not correct your problem. I have access to the best online connects on auto parts, but just need more info on the diagnosis of the problem. There are reasons why I ask, because you usually don't just swap compressor in a car, without other related work.

Bless

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Hey Zen, I had it check out from a local shop and they found out that the compressor is bad which I already figured cuz the clutch engaged when I turned on the A/C and still blowing hot air. Instead of paying a labor to replace the comp I'll just do that myself. Which it'll be a bit$% cuz the comp is underneath.
I found a local junkyard who have the comp for more than the half price of a new one with a 1 yr warranty on it. But i'll call around more before I make the purchase. I have to take care of this soon before the temp in AZ hit 100+... Damn! I just remember that I heard the temp today is about 104 degrees... :D BTW anyone know where the dang filter for this car?(A/C filter that is)..
thanks for the help fellas!
Bry

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I've never heard of a junkyard offering a 1 yr warranty, but if they do, hold them to it! Junkyards usually store these compressors wrong, make sure its fresh of the car and hasn't been sitting there (off the car), all opened where moisture usually gets in and screw them up. I'm sure if they are offereing a 1 year warranty, they are expecting you to replace the rec/drier(or filter, as you called it), may I suggest at least purchasing a "New" one of these, they should be between $39-59 @ your aftermarket parts store(Napa, Kragen etc.). Your filter/drier(Accumulator), should be on the passenger side of the firewall, under the hood.:)
Bless

Bry_DD

Second Unit
hey thanks Zen. It's not aztually a junkyard. It's actually a recycle part something like that. But if they offer a 1yr warranty I think it's a good deal. And yes i'll be replacing the rec/drier too with a new one. Dealer cost around 90 bucks but i'm sure I can find a lower price..

thanks again,

Bry

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Are you SURE it doesn't just need to be recharged and not replaced? Did the shop try a refrigerant recharge and it still did not cool? If the clutch engaged, doesn't that suggest that it is more or less working? (sorry not familiar with A/C compressors)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks