What's new

Buying and selling UV codes (1 Viewer)

tjohnusa

Agent
Real Name
Terry John
Maybe it's just me but I have noticed this new enterprise popping up in many for sale forums.....I also noticed most of the sellers have low post counts as if the only reason they join is to sell these codes. I know of a couple members at another forum that have been burned by the seller. It may be legit but sounds like piracy to me....just my opinion.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
I sell codes all the time and haven't run into any issues. The seller is at more risk than the buyer, in my opinion. PayPal will take the buyer's side in a dispute. The buyer could also tell me the code didn't work when it did and I have no way to prove him/her/it wrong.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
If you google for "Trade UV codes", guess what comes up fourth? I'm sure HTF is up there for Buy and Sell too, just not the first page.

sbuberl

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve
UV tried to crack down on buying/selling of UV codes on e-Bay several months after UV started. They said "unbundling" them (meaning selling UV codes without the blu-ray and/or dvd) violated their license/TOS. I guess they gave up though.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
There was a panel that discussed this topic last summer with some industry insiders. One of them almost encouraged this practice, because it could help new people become UV account holders, thus growing it's base.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just today, I bought "remnants" of combo bundles. Depending on movie, I didn't care if I got the BD or DVD. It kills me that I can buy pilfered combo packs so cheap. My "big" score was the BD for Prometheus where the listing said "UV code already redeemed". I got it for $11 w/shipping. The seller complained that it sold so cheap(would have been cheaper for them to have "just bought it digital")...oh well, I care not. Picked up 12 movies for $110(shipping included) that included the "case" and either the BD, DVD or UV was missing. Heck, I probably have 20 UV codes I never redeemed.

Venomn

Agent
Real Name
Christopher Krug
I sold my Jurassic Park 1-3 codes on here yesterday...was a smooth transaction,no hassle and i just joined yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks