What's new

Buying an RPTV, but somewhat disillusioned (1 Viewer)

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Captain Video? I had heard the name. I am about 40 miles north of San Diego so I may give them a call. Actually, even though I haven't calibrated it yet, I have done the auto convergence as per the instructions, i.e., wait until the TV has been on an hour or so and then do it. So far, and it has only been since Monday night, the picture is pretty spectacular. John, I will give "The Exorcist" a shot. I haven't pulled that one out in a long, long while.;)

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Just an update, after having my digital cable installed yesterday. Like many of you have observed who have digital cable, broadcast non-HD TV channels such as TNT, CBS, USA, Sci-Fi, NBC, etc., look pretty bad. Plain old cable looked better! The HD channels however are fantastic looking. I watched the CBSHD broadcast of "CSI:Crime Scene Investigations" last night and it looked great. I also watched a DiscoveryHD presentation on snakes and the picture was nothing short of incredible. Ealier in the evening I watched "Friends" on NBC and it didn't look good at all. I actually prefered to watch it on my direct view 27" Panny in my bedroom. Some channels look better than others. I sure wish there was some kind of standard where all channels would look the same. Oh well, such is life.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Here in Denver when you get digital cable you also get regular cable with it. You need a high quality spliter to an NTSC tuner like in your TV and/or VCR.

Users who are viewing this thread