What's new

Buying a Treadmill? (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
A few months ago, I decided to start running in effort to lose some weight. The good news is that it's worked. I've been running about 3 miles a day (and walking another 3) and have lost about 35lbs since June 1. Weather isn't an issue yet, but I've decided that I'd like to get a treadmill by Winter, so I can continue running. I'm not exactly swimming in the money, but I could probably spend 500-1000 on one without breaking the bank. Does anyone have any bang-for-the-buck recommendations?

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
We love our Nordic Trak, we got it at Sears and it was around $800 or so. The belt blew out about 10 months in because my 1 year old stuck something under the belt and they replaced it for us free of charge. My wife and I both use it.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
First off Matt, a BIG congrats on losing weight. That's terrific! Hard to lose and hard to keep off. I lost about 115 pounds in 1998 and the first part of 1999 and kept it off by running. Of course I've had 2 knee surgeries since then...but I still run. I'm a masochist :)

The best treadmills I've used were Precor. You might even find a local club that has some for sale? The Nordic Trak Brandon suggested is also a good one. I read on runnersworld earlier this year that even some of the lower price brands from Weslo and ProForm were giving runners good build quality and a good investment.

The key is making sure it has enough continous hp for you and that it's designed for runners. Hard to beat Sears too in that they will service it.

Best of luck and again, that is really fantastic about your lifestyle change. :emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I'll take a look at Sears sometime later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks