Buying a SVS CS+ 16-46 in Feb/Mar, need advice

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kris Coffin, Jan 21, 2003.

1. Kris Coffin

Kris Coffin Stunt Coordinator

Jun 19, 2002
    Well I have finally broke down, and almost got the cash together for the sub, but I have been poking around SVS's site and would like to know what you guys think of the Subsonic Filter and the EQ that SVS offers in conjunction with a SVS CS+16-46?

Will the EQ help me flatten out the hump in the bass my room causes (sorry don't know much about eq'ing)

Will the Subsonic Filter make any difference? I like my bass low and loud, will I need one of them to prevent bottoming?

Lastly, if I do pick them up, this is going to jack the cost a few hundred $'s, would I be better getting the PC+ instead?

Any advice/recommendation very welcome. thanx

2. Joseph_ P

Joseph_ P Stunt Coordinator

Apr 29, 2002
    Hello there Kris, as luck would have it i have that very same sub and i also have the subsonic filter the "black box " if you will. before the black box, my sub was very very satisfying, it plays very low and very strong. it can play bass that can only be felt and not heard. bass that will make the floor ripple and the cat run like hell!!!!
    sometimes i would bottom it out though. i am a bit of a bass
    head and my sub is usually set a bit on the hot side.(6-8DB)
    Now that i've added the SVS black box i can still set the sub quite hot but now it won't bottom out[​IMG] . i have it set to the 15 hz setting and the gain is only on 2 on a scale of 0-9. it really could be set at only 1 on the gain but i like that little extra boost. i'm powering this sub with the samson 1000 amp and i like this combo very much. i have
    no problem at all shaking the living room and the upstairs
    and the bathroom and the kitchen an so on!! i beleive its cheaper to buy the PC+ with the built in amp and bass limiter than it is to buy the 16-46cs+/samson 1000 combo
    that i have. Either way you cant go wrong, these are incredible subs for the money and has anyone ever mentioned
    SVS customer service to you!!! THEY ARE AWESOME AT TAKING CARE OF THEIR CUSTOMERS. Enjoy your new sub, whichever way you go.